Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chestkeeper said:
i am a charter member and i use the chat oncein a while what gets me are the people from the philipines that get on there and beg for us members to send them machines as a donation to help them find treasure that aint never gonna be found and they get one and keep begging for more machines and pinpointers i anint gonna mention any names but i belive that every one on this item knows who i am talking about bu tyes lets put it to a vote and send it to the tnet mods and see what they say

Is that so olepossum?

First,i am from the Philippines,second,i dont beg for any machines(i dont have to)THEY ARE GIVEN TO ME.Ask the guy who gave it to me.

Im sorry i have to say this to you olepossum: i dont know how old are you or whatever,but it seems youre out of weighing things and suddenly accusing someone without proof(yeah great insult!)
for the information of everybody: I told the guy who gave the machine that i will pay for it and he just said no.

So????if ever there are people from my country who are doing this ,then let me know.I will be the first one to @F%^$#**them!!

And to the moderators: im sorry if ,i said if this started @#$$$## on tnet.

Please delete my accounts posts.i just cant stand it anymore.

I just want to tell you all that i will surely miss you,but have to do this.

as Far as I'm concerned Per our TERMS OF USE

http://www.treasurenet.com/terms/

You don't have to leave.

You are Not the one in the Wrong.

And you are not the one who needs to Apologize

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It costs money to run a web site.

I'm amazed at the number of people who believe that they are entitled' to have everything for free just because the world and society owes them.

It costs MONEY to host this site, they have to pay for space to let you upload and store all the images and information that is available for FREE. A little incentive to get into the premium areas of a web site is needed to help FUND the COST of HOSTING this site.

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
The number of posts idea isn't that great, especially with the numbers suggested. "500" posts? Come on, that would limit it only to people who have been here for a long time, seems kind of elitist to me.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prime said:
The number of posts idea isn't that great, especially with the numbers suggested. "500" posts? Come on, that would limit it only to people who have been here for a long time, seems kind of elitist to me.

Prime,
I was just throwing numbers out there as examples but it could be whatever everyone felt was enough. You don't want it too low or it would not be a deterrent to someone getting kicked out and re-registereing then posting 50 or 100 posts. Heck..I think there are people on this site that post 50 in a day already.

Here is another suggestion. Have a newbie chat room for people with 20 or50 posts but all the other rooms open up after you hit a higher amount of posts.

Someone else mentioned earlier that maybe it should only be kept for Charter Members to help increase the amount of people that are paying members which helps keep the site up and running. I can complete understand this.

NJ

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
As far as I can tell, no one mentioned that the chat room was restricted to Charter Members due to financial reasons and it was an attempt to raise additional funds to keep Treasurenet functioning. I believe it was because of some folks who were abusive in the chat room.

If it is a financial problem, I believe the moderators would have said so. Quite a few TNet members (including myself) were disappointed that the chat room was close to all but the Charter Members. Everybody has a right to express their opinion but I suppose I missed the remark about anyone feeling that they were owed anything because of being a member of TNet. "I'm amazed at the number of people who believe that they are entitled' to have everything for free just because the world and society owes them." I,for one, certainly do not feel I am entitled to any thing from TNet and I find that remark to be rude, to say the least. Being a Charter Member is a personal choice, not a mandatory requirement to belong to TNet.

I hope the problem that occurred with the chat room is resolved to everyones satisfaction in the near future. Running a Web Site such as TNet takes a lot of time and effort and I appreciate the efforts put out by all those who run this site. I have gained a lot of useful information from the knowledgeable folks who visit here and I intend to stay a member for that reason.

Being a Charter Member does have some benefits but not every one feels that they want those extra benefits. It is not a matter of money. It is a matter of personal choice.

Ray S

T

trish76642

Actually, i blow more than that every time i make a trip to town...your right, we shouldnt expect more than what we already have.

K

Kentucky Kache

I don't think it's expecting more than we have, as much as expecting no less than we started with.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Ray S ECenFL said:
Being a Charter Member is a personal choice, not a mandatory requirement to belong to TNet.

Being a Charter Member does have some benefits but not every one feels that they want those extra benefits. It is not a matter of money. It is a matter of personal choice.

Ray S

That is correct, being a charter member is not mandatory. It is a choice, and for WHATEVER reasons the owners have chosen, the chat room is presently for Charter Members. They have that right, for whatever reason, as you have the right, to become a charter member and join the chat room, or not. You can decide to not avail yourself of added benefits by being a paid member.

I became a charter member not for the chat room, but because I know what it costs to run a site. I feel that if I use this site, I will pay my fair share. That was my personal choice. I consider the added benefits a bonus, even though I don't use most of them.

You may consider my opinion rude, but I consider people who demand some service for free as part of the entitlement society our country has promoted. We may just have to agree to disagree.

I think Trish summed it up pretty well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread