MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, :-\

I really liked the Chat Room I used it a lot. >:( We need to figure out how to bring this back. I and I'm sure like many others will be moderators of chat. ;D To keep the people who rune it for the rest of us from acting up. I keep losing privileges if I lose many more I may just leave treasurenet. I can't become a charter member cause the links don't work and no one returns my messages. Whats the point of staying if I can't use the site. :-\ Lets please here your thoughts on this. :icon_scratch: I really like it here and I would hate to leave....

Keep @ it and HH!!

T

trish76642

Oh so thats how its gonna be?
The cool people arent allowed in are they? Ok.......
J/K

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
The Chat room has been pretty quiet lately.

There are too many rooms now...

The Deck:
Shipwrecks:
Pirates:
Metal Detecting:
The Dungeon:
Relic Hunting:
Treasure Legends:
Pirate Talk:
My Recent Finds:

These seem to just sit empty. There are just not enough Charter Members to use all these.

Jay

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I stop in on occasion for a brief moment and find regular good folks chatting about things they are familiar with.No harm,just not my place to linger.
Bad that folks that wish to be there can't.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEN posts right now on "WHY can't we have Chat?" and "Where did Chat go?" and "Lack of Chat Sucks, I'm leaving Tnet.."

Well, I can say that I understand why they did it--it wasn't because of any of us (which the Mods have NOT explained too well!)--but because of a bunch of new member TROLLS that were raising hell in there and insulting our female members.

Now, nobody should have to deal with that!

And when they BANNED them, those TROLLS would immediately get a new account and user name and come right back! >:(

So NOW they'll have to pay 20 bucks if they wanna be insulting and threatening in the Chat room.

I'm sure the moderators are working to resolve the problem. They may just let this cool down...let the storm blow over...and re-open the room to everyone when the Trolls take a hike to raise havoc in another chat room elsewhere.

In the meantime, I think everyone should realize why this happened, and know that it prolly won't be this way forever. It is NOT because Charter members get to eat off a silver spoon or anything--and it CERTAINLY isn't worth leaving this forum for.

Regards,

Buckleboy

dtwilson3

Jul 11, 2008
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Fisher 1212, Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Thanks for the explanation, K BB Jr. I was wondering why they would do that myself, but I can see why now. Unfortunately, it usually is a few people who ruin things for the many.

dtw

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
How about having a pre-approved list of members who are allowed to chat? People could vouch for one another.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i am a charter member and i use the chat oncein a while what gets me are the people from the philipines that get on there and beg for us members to send them machines as a donation to help them find treasure that aint never gonna be found and they get one and keep begging for more machines and pinpointers i anint gonna mention any names but i belive that every one on this item knows who i am talking about bu tyes lets put it to a vote and send it to the tnet mods and see what they say

T

trish76642

Not that i freguent chat rooms, i used to, but i do like to go to T-Nets every once in a while.

If its other people ruining it for everyone else, do like the other chat rooms do, if your in a chat room, and you get hit with the ignore button 3 times while your in there because you cant behave, your automaticaly blocked from chatting for 24 hours, and its automatic, moderators dont have to do a thing but have it installed. After getting kicked out a few times, they eventually learn their lesson.

3 STRIKES YOUR OUT!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Trish~ said:
Not that i freguent chat rooms, i used to, but i do like to go to T-Nets every once in a while.

If its other people ruining it for everyone else, do like the other chat rooms do, if your in a chat room, and you get hit with the ignore button 3 times while your in there because you cant behave, your automaticaly blocked from chatting.

3 STRIKES YOUR OUT!

All of these are GREAT ideas. Hopefully your ideas will help the Mods solve the problem.

:thumbsup:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about this for a solution...you have to have a certain amount of posts before you get access to chat....500...1000...etc. That way if someone gets bounced from T-Net and they just re-register they would have to do a lot of posting before they could chat again. Don't even tell newbies that there is a chat room but once they hit the needed level then a PM from T-Net gets sent to them informing them of the new option available. I think that would keep only the people that are really active parts of the T-Net community able to chat.

By the way I have never used this function and did not even realize it was gone until I saw this post.

NJ

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
we just had this happen over at another forum......sure they will leave.. but till they do it sux

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Yeah, and I just started using the chat room a little. I like the # of posts idea. Make it so that once a person reaches a certain status, the chat feature becomes available to them. That will stop the outsiders, and will stop them from coming back with a new user name and jumping right in. I imagine the chat rooms are not very busy with just charter members allowed.

I realize it's a free site, so I don't EXPECT anything. It would be nice to have chat back though, if it could be.

chestkeeper

Greenie
Jun 18, 2008
Philippines
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunetr
i am a charter member and i use the chat oncein a while what gets me are the people from the philipines that get on there and beg for us members to send them machines as a donation to help them find treasure that aint never gonna be found and they get one and keep begging for more machines and pinpointers i anint gonna mention any names but i belive that every one on this item knows who i am talking about bu tyes lets put it to a vote and send it to the tnet mods and see what they say

Is that so olepossum?

First,i am from the Philippines,second,i dont beg for any machines(i dont have to)THEY ARE GIVEN TO ME.Ask the guy who gave it to me.

Im sorry i have to say this to you olepossum: i dont know how old are you or whatever,but it seems youre out of weighing things and suddenly accusing someone without proof(yeah great insult!)
for the information of everybody: I told the guy who gave the machine that i will pay for it and he just said no.

So????if ever there are people from my country who are doing this ,then let me know.I will be the first one to @F%^$#**them!!

And to the moderators: im sorry if ,i said if this started @#$$$## on tnet.

Please delete my accounts posts.i just cant stand it anymore.

I just want to tell you all that i will surely miss you,but have to do this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread