WOT Coiltek for Excal II vs Standard Ecal II coil
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter

Thread: WOT Coiltek for Excal II vs Standard Ecal II coil

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2014
    South Bend
    ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
    98 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

WOT Coiltek for Excal II vs Standard Ecal II coil

Does the WOT coil actually go much deeper into the ground than the standard Excal II coil? Does the larger size of the coil make pin pointer any more difficult to recover targets at the beach? I ask as I'm considering buy the WOT and having the mod done.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31766 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yes it does go deeper, pinpointing is simple if you use the "Minelab wiggle", When you get a target if you pin point and sweep the coil slowly as you pull coil towards you foot slowly, when tone disappears it will be just off the toe of the detector, same way if you push the coil away from your feet, when tone disappears it will be just off the heel when tone disappears. Pinpoint in the center.

With my WOT coil in all metal I can hit targets over 20 inches, on the stock coil I can hit 16-18 inches in all metal. I always hint in all metal then switch to desc when i get a target as Excal is deeper in all metal than in desc mode. Many times when I get target and switch to desc it will not see target, you have to remove some sand until you can hear the target because it is deeper in all metal.
    cudamark and DeepseekerADS like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8194 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Yes it does go deeper, pinpointing is simple if you use the "Minelab wiggle", When you get a target if you pin point and sweep the coil slowly as you pull coil towards you foot slowly, when tone disappears it will be just off the toe of the detector, same way if you push the coil away from your feet, when tone disappears it will be just off the heel when tone disappears. Pinpoint in the center.

With my WOT coil in all metal I can hit targets over 20 inches, on the stock coil I can hit 16-18 inches in all metal. I always hint in all metal then switch to desc when i get a target as Excal is deeper in all metal than in desc mode. Many times when I get target and switch to desc it will not see target, you have to remove some sand until you can hear the target because it is deeper in all metal.
    X2. You might also take a look at the 15" NEL Attack coil. I have and use both, but, I like the NEL a little better. It's slightly bigger, a bit less chatty, goes just as deep, seems to center pin point better, and is cheaper.
    ​Avitech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31766 times
    I stop using NEL coils, too many bad ones, especially the NEL Attack coil.I had one go bad and 2 friends had theirs go bad.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Mar 11, 2019 at 06:47 PM.
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    18901 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I trust TH, always have, always will. He ain't gonna give you bad info.

I'm still running the stock coil, but I have been considering other coils - but those tend to mean a spliced coupling to attach to the Excal. There's plenty good info on TNet about how to do that. Check OBN's posts about that, and of course over the years TH has talked about it as well.

A serious deal about splicing a coil cord, NOT something to do if you have doubts you can do it safely for your Excal. Talk to OBN and certainly listen to TH's advice.
    Last edited by DeepseekerADS; Mar 12, 2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8194 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I stop using NEL coils, too many bad ones, especially the NEL Attack coil.I had one go bad and 2 friends had theirs go bad.
    I got the NEL Attack back when Coiltek was having problems with their newly designed WOT. I had a bad WOT (still under warranty) and there wasn't a replacement they could send me any time soon. Not wanting to have the Excal out of commission, I got the NEL. It's been working great ever since. I finally got the replacement WOT several months later, and installed it on another Excal. In comparing the two, I still like the NEL better for the reasons I stated. Nothing wrong with either one assuming they're not faulty. I would assume that if there was a problem with any coil that the manufacturer would remedy the problem and come up with a new and improved model.
    ​Avitech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    31766 times
    All that matters is that your coil is working properly.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    Mar 2014
    South Bend
    ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
    98 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Thank you for the responses everyone. There will probably be a WOT on my Excal II for this coming season if winter ever leaves.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links