McDonalds

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The fanciest restaurant in our town is Red Lobster, and my wife and I eat there for all of our special occasions. I actually proposed to her there, on her birthday, with a tableful of gifts and flowers. The head chef came out after and told us congratulations and said the entire meal was on the house that night, a tab of over $120. Very gracious, very courteous, very generous, and very well tipped after.

(A little hint for all you unmarried guys out there....combine dates. I proposed on her birthday, and we got married on the same date we met...only two dates to remember.... ;D)

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Night Stalker said:
McDonalds Asian Salad with grilled chicken is real good.

Also, Applebees makes awesome grilled salmon and rice.

Outback = Best Prime Rib EVER.

Bob Evans = Best Ribs

Like their salads too

Bullfrog1

Oct 24, 2008
The only thing I ever ordered at McDonald's, was their 99 cent double cheeseburger! But recently they raised it 20 cents, to $1.19. :cussing: So I quit! Now, I get the double cheese burger with extra onion slices at Burger King, for only $1.00. :thumbsup: Burger King is, and tastes allot better, beccause unlike McDonald's (who grill or nuke their patties), Burger King's patties are flame broiled over a open pit! :blob1: Yum, Yum!

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
McDonalds is cool when you get the 99c happy meal deal..it seems to be pretty much an ongoing thing around here , usually the toy itself is worth the 99c and more often than not is a collectable in short time and realises more than 99c with ease..pretty cool..who said there aint no such thing as a free lunch ?

retiree

Mar 18, 2009
Grand Prairie,Texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Cooks are probably the worst customers like doctors are the worst patients.

I don't like bad service either, but I Don't make a big production out of it.

I let it show on the tip. If I go there A second time and it happens again then I stop eating there.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
retiree said:

I let it show on the tip. If I go there A second time and it happens again then I stop eating there.

Sometimes thats the case, but like stefan, I have been a manager/cook/server/dishwaser and every other job there is in a restaurant over the last 20 odd years. There is always an excuse for whatever problem you run into while dining out but if I'm paying for a meal and service its gonna be right or I am gonna say something. If you don't say anything they won't improve. I don't want to embarass anyone but if I have an issue with either the food or the service and especially the cleanliness of a place and they ignore me...look out.

retiree

Mar 18, 2009
Grand Prairie,Texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250
savant365 said:
retiree said:

Sometimes thats the case, but like stefan, I have been a manager/cook/server/dishwaser and every other job there is in a restaurant over the last 20 odd years. There is always an excuse for whatever problem you run into while dining out but if I'm paying for a meal and service its gonna be right or I am gonna say something. If you don't say anything they won't improve. I don't want to embarass anyone but if I have an issue with either the food or the service and especially the cleanliness of a place and they ignore me...look out.

I guess to me it's not worth the agrivation. If I don't patrinize the resturant it doesn't matter to me if they improve or not. But I understand what you're saying.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it or not the quality of food at McDonald's varies from one place to the next. I try not to eat at Mc Donald's at all but when driving from my house to visit my son, the only eating places on the turnpike are McDonald's. There is a big McDonalds at about midway, and a very small one about two thirds of the way to my son's house. The food at the big store is almost inedible, but it isn't bad at the small store. Don't know why but it is. Monty

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
McDonalds? Never again for me.

Last year in March I got food poisoning at a Mickey D's on the way across town to do a service call. I ended up loosing my lunch in their bathroom a half hour later. I couldn't even keep water down for a week. My neighbor, who is a nurse, came over to borrow something and found me on the couch. After taking one look at me, he said YOU ARE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL.

Since I have diabetes my blood sugars went over 700 and I almost went into a coma. I spent a week in the hospital including 5 days in intensive care.

Near death experience - - priceless.
Hospital Bill - - $39,000.00
Health Insurance - - Non existent.

McDonalds - - Just say NO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread