Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
I'll tell you what, if ou're really interested, why don't you meet Doc & I
We'll be glad to have you come along, when we show the "Film Crew" this cave!

Another puff of smoke?

Oops sorry my bad this was meant for William Denney.

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
I'll tell you what, if ou're really interested, why don't you meet Doc & I
We'll be glad to have you come along, when we show the "Film Crew" this cave!
Not sure whom you wrote that too ! But i would be up for it.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
T.Parker:
Sure!
Glad to have you come along
I am not sure of the time/date, as "Doc" is still in Fla. taking care of some legal matters
In Fact, the lawyer for the Insurance Co. show'd up at the JUDGE's order hearing
BUT!
The insurance Company didn't! :o
Not the best way in the world to impress a Judge.. :thumbsup:
The Judge gave them 24 hrs,
OR! ELSE! >:(
Which means nothing gets done until Monday .... :tongue3:

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
T.Parker:
Sure!
Glad to have you come along
I am not sure of the time/date, as "Doc" is still in Fla. taking care of some legal matters
In Fact, the lawyer for the Insurance Co. show'd up at the JUDGE's order hearing
BUT!
The insurance Company didn't! :o
Not the best way in the world to impress a Judge.. :thumbsup:
The Judge gave them 24 hrs,
OR! ELSE! >:(
Which means nothing gets done until Monday .... :tongue3:
Im in Mesa.....have my own business i work outta my house and its all done over the internet ! So i got time to go and do whatever when i ever i like.
Would be a great time......looking forward to hangin with you guys
just give me a heads up when you know for sure what days..and ill be there........... ;D

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Mr TParker:
Love to have you come along for as long as you can
Although,
I can't say when we'll be in Arizona
"We", Doc & I , have:
1.. two sites in the Caballo Mnts, (one on Top, one on the westside)
2.. two sites just south of The Caballos, (gold in cave & really weird object in a long crevice)
3..One site SE of "Point of Rocks" No. of Las Cruces, (unexplored crevice, very long one !)
4.. two sites..In the Burro Mnts, (Gold/nugget shooting)
5.. 2 sites, north of The Burro Mnts, (a gold cache and THE! MUMMIES! ) :o
On this one, the Documenty Film Company wants to come along
Plus!
There is a possiblity of three - four, more to check out in NM!
That's all before we get into Arizona !!!
How long they will take ?
Or!
Which ones will we decide to check out ?
OR!
Should we head directly over to Arizona and check out the Spanish Mine (Silver Cache)
That's already been field checked...(5 yrs worth!)
It's either going to be there
Or!
It's
"Back to the Drawing Board! " :tard:
But!
All of the evidence points to it's THERE !
And!
"We", who ever is along, Will Be Rich ! :tongue3:
Anything of interest so far ?

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
Mr TParker:
Love to have you come along for as long as you can
Although,
I can't say when we'll be in Arizona
"We", Doc & I , have:
1.. two sites in the Caballo Mnts, (one on Top, one on the westside)
2.. two sites just south of The Caballos, (gold in cave & really weird object in a long crevice)
3..One site SE of "Point of Rocks" No. of Las Cruces, (unexplored crevice, very long one !)
4.. two sites..In the Burro Mnts, (Gold/nugget shooting)
5.. 2 sites, north of The Burro Mnts, (a gold cache and THE! MUMMIES! ) :o
On this one, the Documenty Film Company wants to come along
Plus!
There is a possiblity of three - four, more to check out in NM!
That's all before we get into Arizona !!!
How long they will take ?
Or!
Which ones will we decide to check out ?
OR!
Should we head directly over to Arizona and check out the Spanish Mine (Silver Cache)
That's already been field checked...(5 yrs worth!)
It's either going to be there
Or!
It's
"Back to the Drawing Board! " :tard:
But!
All of the evidence points to it's THERE !
And!
"We", who ever is along, Will Be Rich ! :tongue3:
Anything of interest so far ?
All of it sounds like a good time.......but i think The Mummy Run would be the most interesting for me, Ive spent some time in that area you know visiting the Gila Cliff Dwelling's etc, There was a good camping spot, Place called Wall Lake !!! sitting above the lake was a Cliff Dwelling and up stream of the lake there was a spot where the water comes from under the cliff, feeds the stream going to the lake and pools up, We camped there and had these divers surface in this pool!! Guess theres a Cavern system and the only way in is to dive............Didnt chat with the Divers as i was to busy catching frogs for dinner! Taste's Like Chicken :thumbsup:
So count me in for the Mummy Hunt !!!!!!!!!.......The spanish mine thing could be a possability but seeing how we dont know one another and i havnt put in any of the hard work to claim any part of what may be found, could just go along to be an extra set of eye's and hand's to help.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
T.Parker
We can always use, especially, in this case, some "Camp Security" :(
As the camp HAS TO BE set up, really close to a trail out of Mexico
The are daily groups of Illegals, drug smugglers
AND!
TERROISTS :P
Who cross over and travel up the canyon from Mexico, into the U.S.
YOU'D earn your share !

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
T.Parker
YOU'D earn your share !

Hell I was offering just to help Look, Dig or take Pictures......lol :o As much as i would like to bury a few of those people in the desert, with the BS laws in this country i would still be doing life for poppin a drug smuggler or terrorist walkin up in the camp even if it were Bin Ladin himself!!!!!! All the treasure in the world wouldnt help me in that situation, Now if there were FIRM EVIDENCE of something valuable to protect and could be rightfully claimed..Then that would change my perspective on it. Still interested just need to see something convincing and in person before i get behind a trigger and put myself into that position.......Im sure you could understand this?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T.Parker said:
cptbil said:
T.Parker
YOU'D earn your share !

Hell I was offering just to help Look, Dig or take Pictures......lol :o As much as i would like to bury a few of those people in the desert, with the BS laws in this country i would still be doing life for poppin a drug smuggler or terrorist walkin up in the camp even if it were Bin Ladin himself!!!!!! All the treasure in the world wouldnt help me in that situation, Now if there were FIRM EVIDENCE of something valuable to protect and could be rightfully claimed..Then that would change my perspective on it. Still interested just need to see something convincing and in person before i get behind a trigger and put myself into that position.......Im sure you could understand this?

Are you sure you belong on TNet?? That was not only a coherent, but also a VERY reasonable and well worded response :) For me it always comes down to a matter of risk vs. reward - I'm with you, if I'm going to potentially be putting my life (and others) on the line for a share in some wealth, I would need some mighty strong proof that the reward is absolutely there and worth it.

That said, it's probably a good thing I don't live out near cptbil cause I'm afraid my curiosity and sense of adventure might overpower my common sense :wink:

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
The person in "camp" is there to "Protect" the camp and what is there from any thieves!
He isn't there to protect any thing that is found!
If I were to leave the camp unprotected, how long do you think it would be safe?
Just! A "presence" is enough to keep them far! away!
But!
W/o, Forget it!
You'll come back to a BIG! EMPTY!

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
OR!
I'll tell you what..
I'll tell you and Doc where to go,
And!
I'll sit in camp!
With an '06 or a 12 guage, across my lap
I'll direct you guys by radio
AS!
I should beable to see the Site from where camp is!
How's that sound ? :thumbsup:
(sounds like a deal to me) :tongue3:

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
OR!
I'll tell you what..
I'll tell you and Doc where to go,
And!
I'll sit in camp!
With an '06 or a 12 guage, across my lap
I'll direct you guys by radio
AS!
I should beable to see the Site from where camp is!
How's that sound ? :thumbsup:
(sounds like a deal to me) :tongue3:
That sounds like a better deal..........lol with the amount of people streaming across the boarder everyday, its about a 98% chance that someone's gonna be walking up.....And i dont speaka the spanglish well "or even care too" so it would be a shoot first, sort out the Who' and Why's later type a deal for me :tard:

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That said, it's probably a good thing I don't live out near cptbil cause I'm afraid my curiosity and sense of adventure might overpower my common sense :wink:

[/quote]

Im in AZ....and cptbil's generous offer to go up with doc and help look instead of sitting in camp protecting gear would be more to my taste! I understand the need to protect camp and belongings down there....But like i told cptbil im not about to sit and chit chat with any strangers in that area as there are ALOT of drug runners, people smuggling and other bs going on down there.
You never know the intentions of Fools wondering around in the desert so it always best NOT to make close contact with um.........

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
I'm actually surprised at how well a camp is left alone out in the woods or desert. I've been camping everywhere in the state, including many times in the Coronado Monument area that is a very heavy 'illegals' trail. There isn't a single shady tree that doesn't have garbage under it from a visit, yet I've never encountered a nefarious soul, or had my camp raided. I have seen daily evidence of passage thru the night.
BTW, the drug runner angle isn't such a worry as they aren't any more armed than the the familys.

I never pack up my kitchen stuff or hide food from anything but the sun, so it's not like I'm not an easy target.
It could be the obvious, the vehicles I park scream "man with gun" , but I am still surprised.

Don't get me wrong, I despise the illegal activity, have no respect for it at all, But I really haven't seen the problem. it's my guess, that as we become more and more 'diverse', it's just a matter of time till we start seeing a bit f camp maraudings.

You're out a lot Cpn, any encounters where you called law enforcement?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AzSports said:
I'm actually surprised at how well a camp is left alone out in the woods or desert. I've been camping everywhere in the state, including many times in the Coronado Monument area that is a very heavy 'illegals' trail. There isn't a single shady tree that doesn't have garbage under it from a visit, yet I've never encountered a nefarious soul, or had my camp raided. I have seen daily evidence of passage thru the night.
BTW, the drug runner angle isn't such a worry as they aren't any more armed than the the familys.

I never pack up my kitchen stuff or hide food from anything but the sun, so it's not like I'm not an easy target.
It could be the obvious, the vehicles I park scream "man with gun" , but I am still surprised.

Don't get me wrong, I despise the illegal activity, have no respect for it at all, But I really haven't seen the problem. it's my guess, that as we become more and more 'diverse', it's just a matter of time till we start seeing a bit f camp maraudings.

I'm guessing "calling in law enforcement" isn't as much in cptbil's vocabulary as "you have until the count of 3 to get out of my sight, 1....2...." - am I right cpt? :)

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan64 said:
AzSports said:

I'm guessing "calling in law enforcement" isn't as much in cptbil's vocabulary as "you have until the count of 3 to get out of my sight, 1....2...." - am I right cpt? :)

LOL......... :D :thumbsup:That what im thinking too..............

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
[/quote]

It's just my way of 'authenticating" the incident.
You should always contact authorities in potential assault/robbery cases for your own protection. There are always exceptions, but if there's a real problem, you want to tell your story first. Remember, we're all about diggin up stuff folks never thought would be found!

besides its something like - no mas me veo, uno dous tres...

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Ok!
Here's the SCOOP! :tongue3:
I bought my 1977 Yellow Jeep Wagoneer from a Lt. on the U.S. Border Patrol
Who lived & worked in Tucson (& area)
He used to use the Jeep on his daily Patrols/Patrol Business...
When he decided to sell the Jeep, he got Uncle Sam to do a complete "rebuild" on the Jeep
From the front, ie; the radiator to the rear axle...everything was renewed!
It was in immaculate shape !
That was after he used it for about 17 yrs! :o
I have been using the Jeep, basically, along thesame areas/routes (So. Ariz) !
I have owned the Jeep for the past 14 yrs! :o
SO!
The JEEP is Known by the U.S. Border Patrol & U.S. National Forest Personell
As it has been along the US Mexico Border for the PAST 31 yrs! :tongue3:
AND!
Yep!
This year I hope to have the State of Texas grant me an "Antique" Lic. Plate for it!
As far as them thar "Illegals" go..
I have several signs that I place around the camp area, in "Beaner" (Mex) "Speak" ..
That say!
"Aviso"
Armed camp! Do not enter !
Make your presence known !
I have never had anyone challenge that! ::)
Remember! WORLD!
FORGET being "Illegal Aliens", that as soon as they step across THAT BORDER, these people become
FEDERAL FELONs :-\
That's a VERY serious crime! :-\
AND!
If they enter my camp, I consider them "dangerous felons"
AND!
There have been Border Patrolmen shot and killed :o
There have been "Fire Fights" down a canyon, not a mile from my camp ! :P
So! :tard: Do you think that I am over reacting ??? :tongue3:
And!
Yes!
I do call and report these crossings to the "Sheriff Dept" ... & I use the name "Cptbil" when I report them!
And!
Yes !
I have been visited by The Black Helicopter (many times) and US Patrol/Forest Service while in camp
I AM Not! New to this "situation" ::) or to the Border areas (Tx-NM-Az-Ca)
I have been doing this FULL TIME for the past 15 yrs! :thumbsup:
AND!
Loving every trip/year ! :icon_profileleft:
Whew !!! :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread