Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lindral

Greenie
Mar 8, 2013
Brookfield, CT
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Welcome Radioman! I won't be much help because I'm near Danbury but I have a BH Quick Draw II and BH pinpointer. I've been hunting about 2 months. My best find so far is a 1892 Indian Head penny. Good Luck and happy hunting!

Jaichim24

Jul 28, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there, I'm the current President of a metal detecting club in your area. You're welcome to attend up to 3 of our meetings with no obligation to join. You can talk to our members, get some info, and of course have a great time. Visit our website to find out more information and when we're holding meetings.

www.yankeeterritorycoinshooters.com

banshee89

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello radioman.....

Seems CT is kind of dead for metal detecting enthusiast. Which is fine as a lot of the places I have been checking have not been hunted out...... with the exception of my back yard. In my back yard I only found some clad, which for a house of 1930 I would have expected to at least find a wheat or 2 . I have a bounty hunter tracker iV at this point and regardless of what some people say, I have had great luck at finding coins 1910 and above. Its a wheat magnet. the pre 1900 stuff still eludes me. Probably has to do with my hunting locations but I also have a feeling the tracker does not have enough depth in some areas. Been a great machine and I have had a lot of fun with it. No complaints.

I will probably be getting a Tessoro machine as a next machine. I like sound and the simplicity of an analog machine. I am not sold that a digital processor with an LCD display that may or may not be correct.... is worth it. I will keep my Tracker and give it to my 9 year old son who is currently using a Bounty Hunter Junior.

I see there is the Ctcoinshooter club in East Hartford but honestly, with 3 children, full time work, house, cranky wife,...... I just don't have the time to devote to a club environment. Its usually a lat minute yell "hey kids anybody want to go MDing at So and So?" and off we go for a few hours.

I will say its all about location. I research everywhere I go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread