44.6 KB · Views: 308
OP
OP
808beginnerdigger

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
cntrydncr1 said:
nice looking little dish.

Thanks!... I rarely find these intact after being buried under tons of soil. My wife loves these "blue & whites" as it puts a smile on her face until she sees my digging cloths :laughing7:

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
808beginnerdigger said:
Found a milk embossed with only "ONE QUART".
I've been having fun figuring out the dates of the machine made (ABM) bottles that have been coming out of my backyard :tongue3:
If you are interested in knowing the date that milk bottle was made (I know I am), just post a picture of the maker marks on the base.
Note: sometimes these marks will instead be on the bottom edge above the base :read2:

Alternately, you could just describe them. The most likely ones would be an "O" in a square, an "I" in an "O" superimposed on an elongated diamond, "IPGCo" in a diamond, or "IPG" in a triangle. The numbers are also important, especially the number just to the right of the maker mark!

OP
OP
808beginnerdigger

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
sodetraveler said:
808beginnerdigger said:
Found a milk embossed with only "ONE QUART".
I've been having fun figuring out the dates of the machine made (ABM) bottles that have been coming out of my backyard :tongue3:
If you are interested in knowing the date that milk bottle was made (I know I am), just post a picture of the maker marks on the base.
Note: sometimes these marks will instead be on the bottom edge above the base :read2:

Alternately, you could just describe them. The most likely ones would be an "O" in a square, an "I" in an "O" superimposed on an elongated diamond, "IPGCo" in a diamond, or "IPG" in a triangle. The numbers are also important, especially the number just to the right of the maker mark!
There is only embossed numbers "217 5" at the base of the bottle edge. No other marks on the bottle except for that and the words "ONE QUART". Bottle is heavily stained. Thanks!

Attachments

• MILK MARK 007 - Copy.JPG
    MILK MARK 007 - Copy.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 241
  • MILK MARK 005 - Copy.JPG
    MILK MARK 005 - Copy.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 224

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
808beginnerdigger said:
There is only embossed numbers "217 5" at the base of the bottle edge. No other marks on the bottle except for that and the words "ONE QUART". Bottle is heavily stained. Thanks!

Hmmmm......that's a tough one! :icon_scratch:

Some of the very earliest ABM bottles didn't have maker marks - it looks like you've got one of those!

The 217 is probably a mold number......

The 5 may be a date code for 1915. Hard to say for sure, but it fits in with the other stuff you pulled out of the hole (i.e. the Honolulu Brewing & Malting shard).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread