Standing in a Taro patch

lldein

Jul 1, 2010
Over in Hawaii, a long hike, place is promising we found broken maui bimal sodas,a tooled whiskey top and alot of broken oriental pottery, these were on the sides of the taro patch off a bank,don't have to dig to deep probably 6 in. but too many roots, gonna try a new place next week. That demi john top was 3 in. under the surface, that codd I got from Earl before he passed.
taro patch 2.jpg 006.JPG 007.JPG 001.JPG

Last edited:

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
Howzit lldien!

Unfortunately I've been unable to visit Hawaii for over 18 months now. My last trip was in January of 2012. :BangHead:

Since then I've been doing some local bottlin out here in California, but it's discouraging to know that I'm probably never going to find any Hawaiian bottles here - although I do get a big thrill when I pull pontil'd stuff!

My brother has been getting in a few bottlin sessions, but he doesn't like to post anything because he thinks it will just lead to folks raiding his digging spots.......

It's sad that the Hawaii boys have stopped posting, but I bet they'll come back strong if they get another spot like "trench land" or "the tar pits of ______" as my brother and I liked to call it.

I'm hoping to get permission from the wife to fly back out in 2013 so I can have something to talk about. Until then - Aloha!!!

OP
OP
L

lldein

Jul 1, 2010
Howzit lldien!

Unfortunately I've been unable to visit Hawaii for over 18 months now. My last trip was in January of 2012. :BangHead:

Since then I've been doing some local bottlin out here in California, but it's discouraging to know that I'm probably never going to find any Hawaiian bottles here - although I do get a big thrill when I pull pontil'd stuff!

My brother has been getting in a few bottlin sessions, but he doesn't like to post anything because he thinks it will just lead to folks raiding his digging spots.......

It's sad that the Hawaii boys have stopped posting, but I bet they'll come back strong if they get another spot like "trench land" or "the tar pits of ______" as my brother and I liked to call it.

I'm hoping to get permission from the wife to fly back out in 2013 so I can have something to talk about. Until then - Aloha!!!

Howzit sodatraveler,
I haven't checked the Hawaii section for a while now and noticed your post. Did you ever get back in 2013? Find anything lately? I have been digging a lot lately but still no luck in finding any bimal sodas yet. They are out there and I'm not giving up!
Aloha,
lldein

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
Howzit sodatraveler,
I haven't checked the Hawaii section for a while now and noticed your post. Did you ever get back in 2013? Find anything lately? I have been digging a lot lately but still no luck in finding any bimal sodas yet. They are out there and I'm not giving up!
Aloha,
lldein
Was too busy in 2013, but got high hopes for 2014! Hopefully there will be some bottles left when I finally show up! I'll most certainly be posting my finds here - hope there will still be folks left to see them. :occasion14:

OP
OP
L

lldein

Jul 1, 2010
Sodatraveler,
I'll be looking!.I can't help it I'm addicted.lol.
Aloha,
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread