North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,
I mentioned in an earlier post that while detecting along a fence row a few years back I found a half of a ten dollar bill that appeared to have been hit by a mower. I spent hours looking for the other half with no success. I have found a few dollar bills while looking at the ground metal detecting along with several arrowheads laying on top of the ground while detecting in fields.

Monday afternoon I was going to have my wife drop me off at a local park to detect while she was getting some shopping done. It was raining off and on most of the day but I wasn't concerned. I have an Garrett AT-Pro I just bought and am trying to learn to use and there is plenty of shelter at the park.

We decided to stop at one store on our way. As we were getting out of the car my wife spots a wet 20 dollar bill folded up laying in the parking lot. I pick it up and it is actually two of them folded together. We ask the service department if anyone ask about lost money and there wasn't anyone. I would have been frantic if I had lost 40 bucks. So she's now 40 bucks richer. I decided I no longer wanted to go dig bottle caps at the park after that. She has always been lucky finding money in parking lots. She had found a 20 dollar bill another time and is picking up coins on a regular basis. She has been blessed with a great set of optical detectors.

Have any of you had similar experiences with finds? ...........G

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found $80 in twenties laying in a parking lot once. I went into the dollar store that was on that lot and nobody reported losing any money....Good day for me!
And congrats to your wife...sounds like she's a keeper!

GrassButler

Greenie
Jun 7, 2013
North East Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a Twenty dollar bill on a curb after finishing up a job in a gated community on the river. Got out grabbed it... Asked my helpers if they lost any money... after a "no" We left and went on. ( my plan was to buy each of them a six-pack to have a lil fun for memorial day weekend, but i forgot) On the way home I used the 20$ to stop and get a couple pizzas to go. Got home ate a few pieces of each. Got food poisoning within 2 hours! At the ER the next night for an IV.!! Karma caught up with me for something!

OP
OP
G

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GrassButler,
I'm very sorry to hear of your ordeal. Karma can be rough I guess. I used to watch "My Name is Earl" when it was on TV. Next time buy 2 pizzas from the same place and give them to someone you don't like. Just kidding.....GRiley

I found a Twenty dollar bill on a curb after finishing up a job in a gated community o"n the river. Got out grabbed it... Asked my helpers if they lost any money... after a "no" We left and went on. ( my plan was to buy each of them a six-pack to have a lil fun for memorial day weekend, but i forgot) On the way home I used the 20$ to stop and get a couple pizzas to go. Got home ate a few pieces of each. Got food poisoning within 2 hours! At the ER the next night for an IV.!! Karma caught up with me for something!

OP
OP
G

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a Twenty dollar bill on a curb after finishing up a job in a gated community on the river. Got out grabbed it... Asked my helpers if they lost any money... after a "no" We left and went on. ( my plan was to buy each of them a six-pack to have a lil fun for memorial day weekend, but i forgot) On the way home I used the 20$ to stop and get a couple pizzas to go. Got home ate a few pieces of each. Got food poisoning within 2 hours! At the ER the next night for an IV.!! Karma caught up with me for something!
Wow, sorry to hear of your misfortune.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked at a lumber yard in the summers years ago in my teens. Inside the warehouse, you could buy sheetrock, plywood, paneling and any other building materials you can imagine.
One day, I spot the corner of a $20 bill sticking out from a stack of 16' garage doors. No way I was going to be able to pull it out unless I get a forklift to lift the entire stack. That's when I heard laughing. Our "comedian" employee did just that. He lifted the stack and put just the corner of a $20 bill under it. Got me good...

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations !

I found two twenty dollar bills blowing around in a Walmart parking lot two years ago. My theory was, they came from the ATM that was "up wind" from the parking lot.

Best places to check for "lost bills" are along fences that are near ATM machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread