Another One In My Pocket

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
I stopped by a small native prairie this morning to see what wildflowers might be blooming already. There were a few but it was too windy to take many pictures so I decided to hit a river in search of artifacts or whatever. I found one small crudely made point but it was complete so it was a good day. There were also a lot of fossils laying around on the gravel bars.

Yellow Star Grass

star.jpg

Small White Lady's Slipper

slipper1.jpg

slipper2.jpg

Slipper3.jpg

May Apple

ma1.jpg

Crude Little Point But Complete

point1.jpg

point2.jpg

Crinoid Stems

crinoid1.jpg

crinoid2.jpg

Brachiopods

brac1a.jpg

brac1b.jpg

brac1.jpg

Coral

coral1.jpg

Group Shot

group.jpg

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, that one fossil shell looks complete. The cronid stem and fossil coral are a nice find, but the small point is cool. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Nice pics.... And a great little point! I haven't been out for a while, but am going to try to get out tommorrow, don't have any real hot spots, probably just hit the river. Congrats on all the finds!!!

Sprig

Mar 10, 2011
That's awesome Uncle Tom and I never get tired of seeing those orchids each spring! Wish there were still more around.

Congrats on the point - that would have made my day alone even without seeing all the other cool stuff! :headbang:

OP
OP
Prime_Focus

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
Thanks. I take the same old wildflower pictures every year but just don't get tired of them, especially the orchids. I found some showy orchids about a week ago but it was raining too hard to pull out the camera.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread