Skunk River Artifact Show

arrowheadlee

Mar 10, 2011
Iowa
We are hosting the 2nd annual Skunk River Artifact show in Sigourney on this Sunday, May 20. Show hours are 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM and the show is held at the Keokuk County Expo on the East side of Sigourney. We already have 44 display tables spoken for and a 53' trailer containing an entire family's collection will also be present. This year's show is sanctioned by the Hawkeye Archaeological Society.

Another very interesting display we have is some wooley mammoth bones found over the last 2 years between Osky and Sigourney. The femur bone is huge and lately they have found 3 vertebrae bones which I haven't seen myself yet! Real neat stuff!

The Keokuk County Courthouse will also be open so the public can see their neat display. It is awesome and was donated to the county in the fifties by a lady.

Another must see is a large celt brought in by the public last year. The celt has a slight groove and is a very rare find, actually a museum piece. It will be on the CCB table.

Admission is free as we are not trying to make money, rather we just want to educate ourselves and others about artifacts! Hope to see you on Sunday, I will be at the CCB table.

I have a pic of the celt and a pic of part of the courthouse display put up on the iowawaterfowlers site, can anyone please bring them over here? Thanks a bunch!

Tomcat

All, this is a show you will want to attend. The bones are unreal and the chance to see a family collection that huge is a rare chance for sure. I feel real bad that I had to call Tom and cancel my tables do to work conflict and wont be able to make the show myself.
Once again, sorry Tom.

Here are them pictures Tom was talking about.

imgp0668.jpg

imgp0711.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread