Finally,, a couple whole ones!

1point

Mar 13, 2011
Central Iowa
I got out last week and found a couple whole pieces - along with the usual brokes.

I have to admit, this first one really had me questioning myself if it was a point or just a good looking flake or tip of one. I reached over to poke a piece of flint and while scanning i saw this one. I seriously had to look 3 times just to make sure that my eyes werent playing tricks on me and that what I was seeing was actually a point.

Swallwell5-27-12.jpg

I have found some small points before but nothing to this extreme. It is notched on both sides, paper thin and serrated. I honestly had a hard time carrying it in fear of loosing it. I had to stop by and show PaleoHunter as no picture can really describe the overall size (or lack there of) and quality that was put into this point.

swallwel5-29-12.jpg

Below are a couple other points along with a group shot.

P1010264.jpg

P1010263.jpg

Swalwell5-29-12.jpg

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
held that little smoker the other day, it almost doesn't seem real... it's so small and well made. one of the top bird points i've ever seen and held. gotta see this little killer in person to appreciate it. by the way, table rock is a dandy too, nice work 1point!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice points,I mostly hunt on a beaches so we don't find things like that,but they sure are nice.Happy hunting.:leprechaun-hat:

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Nice finds Jeff!!! Make you wonder how the heck they could have made a point so small, definatly some awesome skill involved!

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
AH HAH!!!!!!!!!!!! :blob10: I finally found out who you are, 1point. Heck, I didn't know it was you, Jeff. Sweet finds! I find tiny triangles that size every once in a while but notched that size is hard to believe when you first see them. I found a notched one a couple of years ago that was smaller than my little fingernail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread