Sunday Afternoon Hunt

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Well, Tim came by after church and we got to the area we had been researching at about 1:15.

We gained permission to hunt alot more land than we could in an afternoon, we chose an area with a couple of springs. (Guys had to drink ya know). 8)

Probably 15 minutes later Tim says he found a 3-ringer, >:( so I start hunting harder instead of checking out the livestock and other nature things (there were some cows and spring calves that we tried to avoid, a butterfly that was real pretty and an owl pellet that had lots of rodent bones sticking out). I know it sounds weird, but I get out to be outside and enjoy what God gave us. ::)

Anyway, after hunting for about 3 more hours, I still had nada. I decided I'd work some high ground on the other side of the stream. As, I was getting to the top, I noticed an arrowhead with the base broken off so I hollered at Tim who was trailing behind. To make a long story a little shorter, let's say we put our detectors down and hunted indian rocks for about half an hour.

I still wanted to hunt the upper portion, so I got busy again and found part of a bleeder, but I broke it trying to straighten the brass out. :-\ About a foot away, I got another signal and found another piece tht was similar....hunt, hunt, hunt...nothing else there.

Tim rejoins me and we start hunting together again, but he moves a little faster than me and got out of sight. Well, I get a little pistol ball, then a .58 and another .58 a total of four, before I go to get Tim and the other detectors (2 each because you never know what will work best in a particular area). :D

So, we end up back where I left my Nautilus and we started hunting again ...#5,#6 and a fired pistol ball. Tim still had his original minnie and a few arrowheads, but finally found another minnie. At about the same time, I got a great signal that I was sure was a plate, but turned out to be a nice spur. :o

Then I got #7 and called it quits at about 6:30.

My 47 year old body can't hardly take all that moving and so I got in and kicked back in a tub of hot water and I'm about to take some aspirin and go to bed. 5 a.m. comes too early. :'(

Please see MY finds below. Tim hasn't been posting because he feels a little short of relics. ;D

Thanks for looking.

Burt

Attachments

• L2 AI  Finds.jpg
    L2 AI Finds.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 292
  • L2 CW  Finds.jpg
    L2 CW Finds.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 298
A

absalon

Hey Burt, I'm feelin your pain! :'(

I got out for 3 hours on Sunday afternoon, and my legs have felt like I ran a marathon for the last 3 days. I love this hobby, but it can take a toll on you after a while!

Lot's of soaks in the tub, Advil, a couple of cold ones and a comfy bed are all a fellow needs to make it alright again.

Keep it low and dig deep!

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread