Louisiana roll call

ZSandmann

Oct 23, 2012
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Covington here. Always been interested in metal detecting but never made the leap and bought one. Mainly coin roll hunt, and garage sale trawl.

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wasn't too far from ya this past Sunday. I'm from the Alexandria area but travel to the Baton Rouge, New Roads, Zachery, and St Francisville area often.

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll try and remember to message you the next time I'm that way. It may be a few weeks I'm trying to recover from the red bug bites from Sunday now. Probably the worst case I've ever experienced. I have a spot on my shin about the size of a softball that has probably 100 or more bites. It's killin me

Donald70448

Feb 22, 2014
Mandeville, La
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mandeville here like normal ....always looking for partners n places to hunt

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mudsguide there are lots of places very close to you. Just research and gain permission from land owners.

Bkw007

Dec 11, 2014
Central Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakdale here, I'm new to this hobby and have a couple great places to hunt. Anyone want to go pm me.

Donald70448

Feb 22, 2014
Mandeville, La
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to make hunts all this week pm me lets make a plan !

nicholaskahol

Jan 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all new to treasure hunting and treasurenet. Im in Kinder , La. What got me into this is a old legend from around here that a man named Herbert Pitre told my grand father and his family, he was also the local treasure hunting expert. Anyways there is a bluff not far from my familys land the story goes in short order. A band of jayhawkers were making there way to Texas when they sent scouts to the bluff and they reported back that the Union army was on the other side and planning to cross the Jayhawkers I'm guessing foresaw that a meeting was to take place so they stashed a large cache of loot....Don't know what it was. I am going by my grandfather whos memory isn't the best, but he remembers alot of this stuff. I have never been on a hunt there or anywhere here. I am in research mode now. I have a old garret but a good one. I have been looking at satellite images trying to find old trails. Also my family has some land right on the Calcasieu river which according to family lagend the Jayhawkers and other outlaws who once called the "neautral zone" or "lawless area" in which a big chunk of southwest la is. So any pointers are welcome. Thanks

olstinker

Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all new to treasure hunting and treasurenet. Im in Kinder , La. What got me into this is a old legend from around here that a man named Herbert Pitre told my grand father and his family, he was also the local treasure hunting expert. Anyways there is a bluff not far from my familys land the story goes in short order. A band of jayhawkers were making there way to Texas when they sent scouts to the bluff and they reported back that the Union army was on the other side and planning to cross the Jayhawkers I'm guessing foresaw that a meeting was to take place so they stashed a large cache of loot....Don't know what it was. I am going by my grandfather whos memory isn't the best, but he remembers alot of this stuff. I have never been on a hunt there or anywhere here. I am in research mode now. I have a old garret but a good one. I have been looking at satellite images trying to find old trails. Also my family has some land right on the Calcasieu river which according to family lagend the Jayhawkers and other outlaws who once called the "neautral zone" or "lawless area" in which a big chunk of southwest la is. So any pointers are welcome. Thanks

Im right near you in Eunice. Let me know if you want to get together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread