1749 George II Half Penny

E36graduate

Aug 27, 2014
Dighton, MA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350. Garrett AT Pro (new 3/26/16)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for a quick 10 minutes across from my house in the woods of Dighton. Along an old stone wall I had a good signal that turned out to be a great find out in the middle of nowhere!!! About 1000 acres of old farm land and stone walls that happen been overgrown with trees over the years. Not sure if a dwelling was out there but going to do some reconnaissance!!

Not the best pictures!

image.jpg
image.jpg

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
If only i knew where DIGHTON was i would go there when the ground thaws, is that anywhere near Pensylvania.:dontknow:

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your all set for awhile. Go here to [satellite photo image viewer] to check out the winter ground. While detecting. I found a old shed in the middle of the woods. It use to be a farm field. I always try to think about why ,how etc when I find stuff. I'm thinking from what I found. It was his everything shed to save on trips back to the house. Found a scale, thimble, buttons, and a round horse shoe. Never knew they had round horse shoes. Theirs stuff their. People sit on walls while their being built, pull out a hankie. I love my deus in the woods. Good luck

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went out for a quick 10 minutes across from my house in the woods of Dighton. Along an old stone wall I had a good signal that turned out to be a great find out in the middle of nowhere!!! About 1000 acres of old farm land and stone walls that happen been overgrown with trees over the years. Not sure if a dwelling was out there but going to do some reconnaissance!!

Not the best pictures!

View attachment 1053793
View attachment 1053794

SO COOL! I LOVE hunts in the woods along abandoned walls, except the digging is so HARD. So MANY hazards! Poison oak/ivy. Thorns. Roots! It's a B*TCH but THAT'S WHY IT'S WORTH THE EFFORT!!!! Way to go!

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the Ticks. Always check yourself, wear light clothes. Some woods have a lot of area to cover. I stay on top of the hills where hunters hunted. It also makes it harder to get lost. Just follow the high hills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread