Great find but had to leave.

M

michigan michael

I went out today scouting some new places. I came upon a construction site and it was 6:30pm with not a worker in site. I know the area is old and took advantage of a great situation. I pulled this little badge / pin that I am really excited about. I thought it was just a chunk of iron/ metal but I seen some letters at the end. Well These pictures are the outcome from 3 transformers burning up and working on my fourth. This electrolysis thing is slow and getting costly. lol I will repost when its done. I can see state, express and 4, 4 . Not sure what it really is. The back has a lot of Iron build up but I can see some sort of pin or clasp. I seen blue, green, brown and clear glass everywhere at the site. I ended up with a small J B W co bottle. I have a glass doll arm also but, will post that later. I was having a blast until...... I realized I made a bad judgment call. A worker came back to the site and asked the famous question. "Can I help you?" He said I would need approval from the super to be on the site. He gave me a business card and asked me to leave for the day. I thanked him and apologized. I plan on calling the big man in the morning. I am hoping for the best. Anyone have an idea what the pin/ badge may be? Thanks for looking everyone. MM

Attachments

• pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 283
  • pin2.jpg
    pin2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 292
  • pin3.jpg
    pin3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 294
  • jbwco.jpg
    jbwco.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 278
  • jbwco2.jpg
    jbwco2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 241
  • jbwco3.jpg
    jbwco3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 273

DanMI

May 26, 2007
Hey MM, that's an old chauffeur's badge. On the top it will say registered Chauffeur State of Michigan, ond on the bottom Expires and then a date. Nice find. Dan

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find on the badge, I found my first this year too. hope it cleans up good, post us some pics :thumbsup:

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Congrats! I've heard of those badges, and that little bottle looks really
cool. :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure maybe a chauffeurs badge? How big is it?
My electrolosis unit has been going for years never burned one up.

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Thanks everyone! :icon_thumleft: This has truly became my favorite find so far! I guess it goes to show it does not always need to have a dollar value to be valuable. HH! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread