Dug my first seated here in Michigan!

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
Nice coin. :thumbsup: I have found a lot of 1800's coins and relics under sidewalks. I don't remember my first seated dime but when I found my first seated quarter I jumped up and down a couple of times. The people driving by must of thought I was some kind of nut. ;D

Wolverine.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on your first seated, I've been following all the posts in the today's forum and that coin is looking better every time you clean it. good job, and congrats on a great find! :hello2:

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya got to love that! Congrats!

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
WOW got a good education about real vs counterfeit! Glad (I think!) yours is a good one! Great find!

Jim

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge congrats on your first seated :thumbsup: I definitely think its genuine, them under concrete coins can be a heck of a lot worse than yours, it's in great shape. I found one last summer near an old paper mill by a millcreek that was ate up bad. You could tell by parts of the coin that it was like a brand new coin when it was lost but the chemicals from the mill ate it right up.

NealNoINIronBrigade

May 4, 2007
Congratulations!!

I remember my first seated. It was on a New Year's Day that was unbelieveably warm so I went digging at a construction site I'd hit several times. When I picked it up I thought it was a Barber by looking at the back. Boy was I thrilled to see that lady sitting on the front! It was a long time until I found another one so I really cherished it!
And when you dig a silver coin that's been under concrete they can look like just about anything. The chemicals/salt etc. do weird things to silver coins. Looks like yours cleaned up well. A little electrolysis would take the rest of that dark off if you want to go that far. Looks good to me like it is though!!!!
Neal

OP
OP
M

michigan michael

Fistfulladirt said:
MM, did you finish the restoration of that coin, and any pics? ffd
Hey Fist, Yes, It turns out it is real. I had my coin dealer check it out. I was lucky enough to hit 2 more with a total of 3 seated. The last one I dont have a pic for yet. Pretty rough shape anyways. Barely an image left on it. The second one came out strikingly beautiful with a CC Mint Mark! :headbang: The first cleaned up alright and does look pretty good for being under a sidewalk all those years.

Attachments

• set.jpg
    set.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 107
  • set4.jpg
    set4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 104
  • set2.jpg
    set2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 98
  • set3.jpg
    set3.jpg