Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
met up with a couple of friends last night and hunted a city lot. there were 3 of us and everybody dug an IH ;D so that was cool. I found the seated love token at about 6 inches. (made from an 1853 dime) Also found my second chauffeurs badge a 1924. The seated token is in bad shape, looks to have had some sort of poxy on it at one time maybe, can't clean it off, any suggestions?

Attachments

• 6-7.jpg
    6-7.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 6-7 IH.jpg
    6-7 IH.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 6-7 IH back.jpg
    6-7 IH back.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 228
  • 6-7 token.jpg
    6-7 token.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 6-7 token back.jpg
    6-7 token back.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 6-7 badge.jpg
    6-7 badge.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 235

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great finds Postal :thumbsup: that badge is in choice condition, I wouldn't mess with that love token at all, it's probably silver solder that was used on it and the silver that's in it probably would bond with the coin if you tried removing the lead so I would leave well enough alone myself.

OP
OP
postalgriff

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giant056 said:
Congrats on some great finds Postal :thumbsup: that badge is in choice condition, I wouldn't mess with that love token at all, it's probably silver solder that was used on it and the silver that's in it probably would bond with the coin if you tried removing the lead so I would leave well enough alone myself.
Thanks Giant, yeah I think your right about that, and will just leave it alone. It's only my second seated soin so I was hoping it would clean up better. heres another pic of the badge after a little cleaning.

Attachments

• 6-7 badge3.jpg
    6-7 badge3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 221

life_digger

Apr 19, 2010
michigan
Detector(s) used
whites xlt
Giant056 said:
i agree that stain per say looks like its gunna be set in pretty well on that seated,an awesome find :hello2:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome finds man! That yard sure did give up some oldies. Going to try the Elmers glue or freezer trick on that dime? would be great if it worked. That badge sure did clean up nice too! ffd

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smashing finds, J! :headbang: That chauffeur's badge is one righteous relic. WTG on the love token as well. (I want one!) Heck, I even like the razor. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

HH

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
Maybe if you try a little bit of heat the epoxy might flake off try a propane torch I would definitely use caution

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally cool love token and badge! Use electrolosis to get that junk off.
Congrats on some killer keepers!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Griff! That IH is in great shape. Love that old seated token and chauffeurs badge too, very cool. :icon_thumleft:

x.marks

Mar 28, 2010
Wow! you cant say anything but great things about that hunt! I love everything! That badge is awesome! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread