last few weeks

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Last few weeks have been kind of slow, but I got a few good stories.

So I shoot on a pool league and in talking with one of my newer teammates, discover that her and her husband own about 500 acres in the thumb! I also learn their homestead was built in the early 1800's.
More importantly, they have several fields, some of which used to have old homes in them.

Her and her husband are very nice and allowed me to come over last sunday for a few hours and search their property. I only had about 2 hours to detect. My first find was some sort of old wheel. It was a little bigger than a baseball in diameter. It may have been brass. The husband cleaned it up in a jiffy. We weren't sure what it was, but I told them it was a neat relic and he could keep it if he wanted. Also, I'm mainly interested in coins. The next hole I dug...I pop the plug and out pops a 1945S silver quarter about 4 inches deep. The probe is still going off in the hole though. Stick the digger in again and out pops a 1955 washington quarter that looks like it still has luster on it! First time I've ever managed 2 silver coins in the same hole. I'm sure its happened to plenty of you guys on here, but it was a first for me.

I also found a zinc penny later, but that was it for coins. But I only searched probably half of the front yard. There is so many spots to look I could probably detect there indefinately and still not find it all.

Either way, becuase its been so wet, their fields still haven't been planted. So I'm headed over today to check out one of their fields where an old home used to be. Its gonna be a hot one...so I probably won't search more than 4 hours, but I'll let ya know what I find.

also got a rosie last friday, which marks my 18th silver of the year so far. On pace to break my personal record of 28.

Deerhunter24

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet....sounds like you wont have to worry about a place to hunt for a while. :thumbsup: congrats on the silver quarter spill!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Silver and good luck on future hunts there!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AHHH you will be back finding the old ones soon I am sure! :icon_thumleft:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver. :icon_thumleft: Sounds like a good place to hunt. Good luck on future hunts.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions