December beach gold!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cant give it up. Bundled up and hit dry sand dunes away from the water. Very old beach/park, that allowed camping in the 40'-50's Found my first gold, an old gold rope watch chain!!, in that area! also a 1941 Wheat penny, and some other junk! Just glad to be able to dig, beach sand is the last option, but away from the water/wet sand, cuz its like concrete:BangHead: Tomarrow will be the last of the "bearable" weather, before the deep freeze hits, so I will have to do it again:laughing7: 101_7089.JPG 101_7090.JPG 101_7087.JPG 101_7088.JPG

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats watch chain is a nice find , that would have made my day. Congrats !

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still cleaning and looking, Mike. Clasp is marked Pat. pending. May have to have it looked at, has some weight though! Don't know when "marking" was required, on gold, but I suspect this is pretty old...................wish it could talk. I envision some old dapper dude sitting in the grove of shade trees, where I found it, while his family plays on the beach, did he lose the watch too? Hmmmmmmmm
Is it marked? Congrats!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Gold chain!! :hello2: Awesome score! I like the pocket knife too. Congrats on the Wheatie also! Way to brave the cold.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold. Way to try some new areas. :icon_thumleft: Good luck on your return hunt if you go.

HH

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet old gold chain! I also like to envision things that I find and how they got lost....congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread