LAST HUNT OF THE YR - RIGHT BEFORE THE SNOW/COLD HIT ;-)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all - this was my last hunt of the season here in Michigan - 12/04/13 and then the snow/cold came and hasn't stopped since so I'm pretty sure I can now post this is my final 2013 outting,

prior to this hunt though it had been too long (like 2 weeks) since I was able to get out for some diggin... I Was waiting for corn to be cut on an 1850s site I've been waiting to get on and then that cold snap hit and put a complete halt on detectin here in Michigan with lows in the teens/20s and highs in the 20s to around 30. The weather/cold snap let up a bit here for a few days and rose up to around 40 just long enough (a few days) to thaw the ground enough to dig in and until the real snow/cold came so I got out to a freshly cut IRON INFESTED field and scored some good finds :-)

1858 flyin eagle - 1850 seated dime - 1862 Grand Rapids Michigan Store Card - nice crotal bell - horsey shoe and more!

Pictures tell the story :headbang:

HH all,

Lonewolfe

P.S. - was using my trusty Deus and the seated dime read and sounded like complete junk mixed in the iron - the VID read in the 30s but being where I was = I knew better than to pass it over! :-)

Last edited:

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , like the 58 flying eagle. and the seated , but hate the weather :BangHead: have been out a few times in the snow but havent had much luck. I am still waiting for my first seated just hope I dont have to wait much longer???. Congrats on some great finds!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yee stinkin Haaaaa!!!! super great last hunt!!!

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's the way to end a year! A flying eagle has always been on my wish list. Thanks for taking some great pictures of both your finds and the field. I like seeing the surrounding area.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! :headbang: Way to end the Season with a Bang!! Flying Eagle, Old Seated and a CW store card - can't ask for much more than that!! WTG Lonewolfe

. Sweet relics too. Love finding those crotal bells!! Is it still ringing? I would be pounding that place come Spring time.

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! :headbang: Way to end the Season with a Bang!! Flying Eagle, Old Seated and a CW store card - can't ask for much more than that!! WTG Lonewolfe

. Sweet relics too. Love finding those crotal bells!! Is it still ringing? I would be pounding that place come Spring time.

Yes Brent

the bell still rings ;-)

Pretty cool finding them like that -- it's been a few yrs for me to find one like it -- most are either broken or junk/etc. but every now and then you get lucky...

Thanks everyone!

HH

and Merry Christmas

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are 3 wonderful keepers!!! congrats! what a great site!, good luck going back hope there is some more goodies there for ya!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Congrats on the seated, store card, and flying eagle. :icon_thumleft: Sweet in situ photos. Good luck on any return hunts.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread