Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a nice yard this week and pounded it for 2 afternoons.... No date on the Large Cent. Also scored 3 Indians, a Merc and 10 Wheaties.
2 nice Gilt buttons - Scovill button with a hunting scene and a Tippecanoe Club button (some info on this one below).
Best I can make out on the holed tag is Second National Bank from Warren OH "Your always welcome"
One of the spoons reads Silver Plate on the back but it didn't clean up very well.
I believe the Eagle ring is the first Copper ring I have ever found.

Thanks for looking and Happy Independence Day!!

The TIPPECANOE CLUB was originally formed by the WHIG PARTY to elect their candidate, Wm. Henry Harrison, president of the U.S. in 1840. Named for Gen. Harrison's victory over the Indians at Tippecanoe Creek, IN, in 1811, the clubs were an important feature of Harrison's national campaign. The first local club was organized in Ohio City on 9 Mar. 1840, with former Ohio City mayor Francis Burrows as president. On 4 Apr. 1840 the Tippecanoe Club of Cuyahoga County was organized, with Frederick Whittlesey as president.
The Tippecanoe Club was revived by the local Republican party in 1888 when Benjamin Harrison, grandson of Pres. Wm. Henry Harrison, was the party's presidential candidate. Its reorganization was formally launched at a dinner at the Forest City House on 31 Mar. 1888, with Wm. McKinley as guest of honor. Although Benjamin Harrison served only 1 term as president, the club continued to be one of the leading political organizations in the city. When McKinley's victory in the 1896 presidential contest became evident, the Tippecanoe Club immediately chartered a train to Canton to congratulate the new president-elect. It continued to exist in the early 20th century, but as the Harrison connection receded into the past, other Republican political clubs became more influential.

Attachments

• DSCN6028.JPG
    DSCN6028.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN6022.JPG
    DSCN6022.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN6023.JPG
    DSCN6023.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN6025.JPG
    DSCN6025.JPG
    335 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN6034.JPG
    DSCN6034.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 107

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most excellent finds Brent!

I believe the LC is an early one (1820s/30s) from the size/style --- they are slightly larger than the later ones and have a bit of a diff head on them!

Congrats!

HH

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff Brent! I need to find a LC, been a while for me.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the fine LC, date or not. :thumbsup: I can remember the day you found your first in that cellar hole! :laughing7: I imagine you have a nice pile of them now. Neat button, too. WTG!

HH

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic bunch of finds ya got there Brent :thumbsup: I take it the dime isn't a D ;D

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG B! Nice old Matron head, I dug one like that at VDK LK, glad you got out, i sure haven't lately-

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man what a great bunch of finds bro! Congrats on the LC and other old coins! those buttons look great! Great bit of history too, thanks for the info! You are killing it out there, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread