Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently been in the local lakes for 3 different water hunts. You seen my post from 2 weeks ago where I dug exactly 100 pieces of trash, but also got two gold rings and a silver one. Yesterday I dug over 100 trash targets again, and today a little over 100 more. While digging all that we find coins, and hopefully some good jewelry. But another good thing is the amount of trash we remove from the lakes. Here is the trash that 3 of us removed from the lake today. A little over 300 pieces. (189 beer caps, 66 pull tabs, and over 60 misc trash items.) MORAL TO THIS STORY: #1 Dig trash and the treasure will find it's way to your scoop. #2 Dig trash and you help clean up the lake, #3 Most of the people who party at the lake are PIGS!!!!!

Attachments

• trash.jpg
    trash.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 86

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I have a 2 gal bucket, full of pull tabs, and bottle caps, all aluminum, no gold rings, just a small gold watch chain. Your right, Mike......................people are pigs!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people throw things anywhere they please... and some just are lazy and don't sucure in winds etc.
I have been cleaning up after them for 30 years.
I volunteer at State Parks ... an average day out 10-20 pounds of beached or floating debri... I am out at daybreak till sunset... patrolling backwaters, channels, boat launches, passes etc.
if a storm or rough water the day before... 25 + pounds of debri/trash. PER DAY.
I have returned with whole front dive area covered in trash and towing anything from pallets to dock crap by rope

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Not metal detecting related but wife and I are long distance bicyclists. You want to see trash, ride the sides of our roadways for a few miles.

We are wasteful pigs who have no respect for our country.

DiggerKep

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is a testament to our hobby, not only do the vast majority of us respect and value the earth but while we are searching for treasures and history we are cleaning up after others. It's a great example of how metal detecting is and can be a positive and beneficial activity to the environments we hunt. I often joke with landowners of places I hunt that I am removing large amount of junk metals from their land.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I dig a lot of trash also. I keep 5 gal buckets in the garage and I sort my trash every time I come in when the buckets get full I take them to the recycle place for the little bit of cash it all adds up

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, people are very poor stewards at times. I've been out in many public natural areas and never fail to see human trash. Sad, really.

Thanks for doing more than your part of cleaning up the environment, Mike. :thumbsup:

HH

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It always amazes me how much trash is buried. Parks seem to be the worst but many yards are loaded too. Funny how amazed property owners are to see how much junk you pull from their yard

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trash in people's' yards is what astounds me. Maybe some of the yards have fill dirt in them? I dunno but some yards I've hunted still have tons of pulltabs in them. This video must have hit home with me when I was young because I don't litter.

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good one Coilygirl!

Trash in people's' yards is what astounds me. Maybe some of the yards have fill dirt in them? I dunno but some yards I've hunted still have tons of pulltabs in them. This video must have hit home with me when I was young because I don't litter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions