Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting with 5 friends last week when I stumbled upon a find that still has me shaking my head. We were searching an overgrown semi wooded area. After finding a bracelet partly exposed in the leaves then another one I figured I might just be on to something interesting. Well that thought soon came true as I started removing piece after piece of jewelry, coins, and many misc items from the dirt. I dug these items for two hours, went back the next day for another 1.5 hours and then spent 2 hours cleaning and sorting. It sure was fun finding all of this and sharing the adventure with my friends. In total there are over 160 items including at least 4 gold rings, a gold ear ring, gold ear ring back, and one gold filled ear ring. Also 3 silver rings, 3 silver ear rings, and a silver bracelet. There are several vintage jewelry items and the rest of the jewelry is mostly costume. There were 11 Mexican coins 7 of which are half dollar sized or bigger. This stash/cache of jewelry and misc. items is a find I won't soon forget.

Attachments

• IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1889.JPG
    IMG_1889.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 114

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowza!!! Good Lord Mike that's cazy! Must have been a thiefs stash or what? Anyway that's incredible, nice work recovering it all.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cache find Mike

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer cache Mike!!!! Must have been pretty exciting to find all those jewelry and coin finds. Any name or initials on the class rings?
WTG

sirlostalot

Jul 22, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Mike! A cache of jewelry is on my wish list. To bad it couldn't have been all gold for ypu.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds to say the least. Amazing how many jewelry pieces you found in a small area. Makes you wonder how all of it was placed there.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes a fella want to know more about the history of the area! ...Can't even imagine finding THAT many keepers in THAT SHORT a time!!

You should still be patting yourself on the back over that haul. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread