Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was asked by a nearby church to come to their big VBS program to share treasure hunting with the kids. Their theme this year was "the beach". The lady in charge knows me and asked if I could come share beach treasures with them. I have given many different types of treasure talks to many different groups so I was happy to do it again. I brought in two machines, two scoops, and my water pouch. I wanted to show them that I use different equipment on the beach than I use out in the water. I brought in a display case full of jewelry. In it was about 60 rings and many other ear rings, chains, etc…. I started by asking what they thought I liked to do at the beach. Then I asked them what were the different things that they did when going to the beaches or lakes. Their answers were swimming, fishing, building sand castles, picking up shells, and so on.
On the table I had toy cars, goggles, a can full of clad, a bag of pull tabs, misc fishing lures, sunglasses, shells, fossils, etc…. I wanted to show them that for all the different reasons that people go to the beach, I find their lost items. I spoke to 4 different groups of about 40 kids and leaders at a time for a total of about 160 people. There were many questions and it was well received. It appears they enjoyed it as much as I did. I can't wait till the next time I get to share this wonderful hobby with others. :)

Attachments

• DSC05766.JPG
    DSC05766.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC05768.JPG
    DSC05768.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC05767.JPG
    DSC05767.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 75

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, Sounds like a blast :icon_thumright:

bigblockjohn454

Jun 4, 2013
S.W.Michigan
Detector(s) used
MPX Digital, Garrett Pro Pointer, Gator Digger, 10" & 14" Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son told me about it in the car on the way home. He really enjoyed it. Then, I told him that I knew you. That blew his mind. Thanks Mike for a great show and teach. My son is excited about going out and digging again. Great job!
John!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job!
dts

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kudos to you. Great to see folks sharing this awesome hobby and hopefully inspiring some young minds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions