Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out early Saturday. Was at my site by 7am, and didn't leave til 2:30pm.
Sampled this site Wednesday eve for around 1.5hrs and pulled 5 wheats and a MS tax token.
Figured it was target rich and there ought to be some silver avail.
I started in the sun saving the shaded areas for later. Went thru 4 bottled waters and a 32oz Gatorade and boy was it hot.
Used 4Khz, Reactivity 3, Full Tones, and almost no discrim.
Ended up with a ton of coins.
1 silver Rosary pendant
1 43P Silver War Nickle
22 Wheaties (mostly 1930's-40's-50's) (one being a 1910)
61 Copper Memorial Pennys
16 Zincolns
2 Quarters
4 Jefferson Nickels
1 Buffalo No date Nickel
3 Dimes
Seems like this site was cherrypicked due to my finding all those pennies, but it was a lot of fun, and all those digs helped me get more familiar with the new machine. Became one with the DEUS Saturday. I can still hear the copper tones in my head.
Was gona go this morning, but im a little sore, and my hands and legs were cramping a little last night.
Over 100 coins and I had to empty my trash bag at least 4 times. Prob dug 200 holes or more. Still lots left.

Attachments

• DSC02815a.jpg
    DSC02815a.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC02811a.jpg
    DSC02811a.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I consider that a great hunt. A field of wheat, a buffalo and a war nickle. Congrats.

The area I am living has been ho\it hard over the past 40 years. I still find some nice coins on the site's they neglected to hunt, did not have permission or where the coins were too deep for their detectors...

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost makes it worth dealing with the heat. Beat the heck out of our Saturday, a few wheats and some clad between three of us. We aren't getting rich but we are having fun. BP you are going to need a 5-gallon bucket to tote all those coins.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Andy. Fortunately I had some shaded areas to hunt once it started getting hot, and the frozen bottled waters helped too. Might have to try that bucket idea lol. We had a little rain yesterday and some overcast to I went back for about 2.5 hours, (6pm-830pm), and got 11 more wheats and another stinkin silver war nickel. Oldest wheat being 1916. Those wheats were fun, but id trade them all for one 90% silver coin. I think the last 3 or 4 silvers I have found were war nickels, and then the 2 before that were Roosevelt dimes. I gota get some old silver soon, its killing me. All in all it has been fun pulling lots of targets, but im sooo ready to break back into the 1800's..

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BP we'll have to get together some time and compare some Deus settings. I'm fairly new to mine too and still getting used to the sound...

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BP we'll have to get together some time and compare some Deus settings. I'm fairly new to mine too and still getting used to the sound...
Sounds good to me. I can take you to the wheatie field unless you have something else in mind. Its been hit pretty hard, but its a big area and im still finding coins everytime I go.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe Saturday....looks like I will get a break from the house renovation work...

Which coil do you have or maybe both...I have both and switch up based on how thick the area I'm hunting is.

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saturday is usually my best day to go hunting. Wife works on Saturdays, :laughing7:.
Its hard for me to make plans this early in the week.
Shoot me a PM later this week if youre still available.
I try to get out early in the morning or late in the evening due to this heat.
When the fall/winter comes I can go all day, but not in this heat.

I started out with the 9", but recently acquired the 11" coil.
Doesn't seem like there is much difference with the depth, but im still learning the XP. (bought the Deus back in May of this year).
The 9" is great for smaller areas that are trashy, and the 11" is great for ground coverage in not so trashy areas.
Been reading a lot in the DEUS section of this forum, and talking to others about settings for depth.
The best thing to do is just get in a target rich environment, dig everything, toy with settings, and learn tones.
Watch Garys videos on Youtube.

Maybe these threads will help.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/461549-i-joined-family-today-any-advise-new-xp-deus-user.html
This second one is really good, a lot of experienced people offered some great advice.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/462832-any-suggestions-added-depth-9-coil.html

Sundays Hunt.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/473907-beat-heat-silver-sunday.html

Last edited:

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope some of this weather holds into the weekend...been hard to go to work!

I'm still good for Saturday...got a reprieve from the renovation work so I'm going somewhere...��

Charged everything up...haven't been out with the Deus since early spring with all that's been going on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread