ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bullet Found by Parents' House

Hey all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I'm trying to get some info on a find...might as well post it here.

While detecting at my parents' house last week, I found a bullet near a smaller tree outside their back yard fence. It was in a sandy dirt kind of area, no grass was growing there. It was only a couple inches down and gave like a 73 signal if I recall correctly. At first I was hoping to find if it was an older, historic find, but now I'm thinking it's modern. That concerns me, as it was only about 5 - 10 feet outside of their back yard. The house was probably built 12-13 years ago or so. If anyone can give me an idea on this find, maybe put my mind at peace, I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking maybe a modern day .45? But could it have possibly been in the ground before the house was built? Or a stray bullet since they moved there??

Thanks all!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437504971.655223.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437504991.047577.jpg

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking .44 or .45, not too old but it has been fired. Not mis-shaped so didn't travel far. I would say shot in the ground 15 / 20 years ago. Somebody call CSI.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a semi-modern .40 - .45 cal. Also looks like you cleaned it up a bit. From the oxidation on the bottom side it appears it has been in the ground for a while.
FYI. The "What is It" section is the best place for ID's.
If you ever find an old CW bullet, don't clean it.. The white oxidation and the dirt inside the rings adds to the appearance.

OP
OP
Slad74

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, thanks for the info, guys! Yeah, Jameyjg01 had told me about the "What Is It" section, but I couldn't find it. lol. Sorry about that; I was just a little nervous. If y'all don't think it was put in the ground in the past 10 years (or less), then that makes me feel better.

Also, thanks for the tip on the CW bullets. I'll keep that in mind!

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The What is it section is at the very top right below todays finds.
You can rinse the CW bullets with a little tap water if you want, but I wouldn't go any further than that.
I toothpicked the 3 rings on one once, but then decided they looked better with the dirt still inside em.
Some people in some areas find em by the dozens, but its pretty rare for most people to find em around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions