Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer the sound of the tones, the privacy factor and the increased battery life with headphones! [emoji106]

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't use headphones for the first couple of months. I do now.

I use them because it drowns out other noises and I can clearly hear the beep. I can hear faint beeps. I can hear if the beep is scratchy or solid.

Now, having said all of that, I switched to the Killer B Stinger headphone about a month ago. It only has one earphone, the other side has nothing. I made this switch for a few reasons. The first reason is I want to be able to hear my surroundings, I don't like to be sneaked up on. The second reason is that I like to be able to use my pinpointer without having to remove my headphones. I can even dig shallower targets without removing them. I absolutely LOVE my Killer B Stinger. I will not be switching from it!

Hope this helps. HH!

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biggest reason is to be able to hear the faint signals and breaks in the threshold...

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I started the hobby and didn't use HPs for over a year...it was nice! I did go to HPs pretty quickly once I started hunting with other tectors. They never said it...but I could tell there was sorta a code to keep the airspace quiet. Using HPs is a habit now,,,like putting on seat belts in the car.I personally don't look for those deep whisper signals either, and have enough batteries for any given day. There are situations like near a highway where HPs fit to block the noise.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started the hobby and didn't use HPs for over a year...it was nice! I did go to HPs pretty quickly once I started hunting with other tectors. They never said it...but I could tell there was sorta a code to keep the airspace quiet. Using HPs is a habit now,,,like putting on seat belts in the car.I personally don't look for those deep whisper signals either, and have enough batteries for any given day. There are situations like near a highway where HPs fit to block the noise.

More than a couple of my faint signals were gold rings....

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blocks out noises and zones in on what we are looking for......wouldn't hunt without them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread