Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Havent been posting here much lately, but thought this would be an appropriate place since there was a State of Mississippi item involved.
Went out for a short hunt last night. I wasn't going to go, but I got home from work and started looking at some todays finds and it kind of motivated me.
Left here at 6:00pm and drove around for a short time and finally settled on hitting a local park that I thought for sure was hunted out...
The park was built around 1900, so I decided to give it another shot & see if the XP Deus could sniff something out.
I previously hit this park several times with my Whites V3i and Minelab E-trac never finding anything old, and was going with the assumption that this park had been beat down, and if there was anything old there it had to be really deep or really masked.
Thirty minutes in and I get a nice tone running 8Khz with a 83 VDI# around 6 inches deep. So im thinkin maybe a silver dime, prob a rosie or merc, or just some deep clad. I pop the plug and lo and behold its a 1903 O Barber dime. I was in shock for a moment, but then decided to stick the probe back in the hole and it starts a buzzin again. Wouldn't you know its another Barber dime, 1901 O. I was pretty darn surprised due to my not ever finding anything old at this site with 2 other high end machines. 2 Barbers in the same hole with "O" Mint-mark. How sweet.......
So I kept at it and about 20 minutes later I get another nice signal around 6"es or so down under a large tree root.
Its ringing up around the Quarter range, so im thinking how a barber quarter would be really sweet, since it as about the right depth. After a couple minutes of tunneling under a large Sycamore root I managed to pull out a large half dollar disk with a golden tone. It wasn't really what I was looking for, but still think its pretty neat as it has an eagle with a shield and says State of Mississippi. Im assuming its a State Seal keychain or Watch FOB, but if anyone knows please advise.
I would have posted sooner, but I have been trying to get some of the green off of it, so it could be legible.
After finding the relic I wrapped it up and was home by 7:30pm.
Also ended up with .65 cents in clad and a handful of pulltabs and other junk.
Just goes to show, no matter how much you think it is, no site is ever hunted out.
They must have used a lot of fertilizer in the park, because unfortunately the coins and relic are eaten up a bit..???
DSC03102.JPG DSC03103.JPG DSC03094.JPG DSC03098.JPG DSC03089.JPG

Last edited:

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds BP!!
Glad you are getting on with the Deus. It will definitely find what the other detectors missed..
Big congrats.
George

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds BP!!
Glad you are getting on with the Deus. It will definitely find what the other detectors missed..
Big congrats.
George
Thanks George, and thanks for all of the great advice..
I have been happy with it lately.

Attachments

• XP.jpg
    XP.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds Picker...

Goes to show...you just never know.

I found two IH pennies in the same hole once in the middle of town in Gulfport....learned from that to always recheck the hole...

We got to compare some Deus settings...see what each other is running. I have both coils..but have found I still use the 9" the most...

Cecil

OP
OP
bonepicker

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds Picker...

Goes to show...you just never know.

I found two IH pennies in the same hole once in the middle of town in Gulfport....learned from that to always recheck the hole...

We got to compare some Deus settings...see what each other is running. I have both coils..but have found I still use the 9" the most...

Cecil
No Doubt. I have new faith in that spot and others as well.
I love finding Indians. I have pulled 3 this year, and 2 were with the XP. Wanting to bag some more.
Ive noticed sometimes with the XP rescanning with the detector isn't always good enough, because once you break the halo you may not pick it up. Take a little time and probe the hole before refilling it.
We need to get together one weekend. Would be nice to compare settings and personal experiences with the new machine.
Sorry about that one weekend, but something came up. Will have to try again.
Ive only had mine for about 4 or 5 months or so, and im still learning.
Have had some good advice given to me by other t-netters, have learned a lot by reading others experiences, and just getting time in the field with it, but still have a long ways to go.
I purchased mine with the 9", and recently picked up the 11". Ive been using the 11" a lot, but the 9" seems a lot more quiet, seperates targets better, and definitely has its place. I really like the 9" as well.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread