2 WHeats and a Memphis Street Railway Button

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunted this field for the 3rd time today, yesterday being the 2nd. Was a house there at one time, but there sure doesn't seem to be much for the dirt to give-up. 1st hunt was a couple clad quarters and a memorial cent, yesterday was 4 memorials and a wheat, and today was 2 memorials, a clad dime, a wheat, and this button.

I even had to put on the small coil to pick this stuff out of the junk.

Both wheats were from the 50's, and from best I can tell this button was from around late 1800's to early 1900's.

Not pic of actual button found (can't seem to get them off my computer for some reason), but exact same button.

memphis-rr-button.jpg

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool button!
Thanks for keeping us updated with what is going on in North MS!
I went out in the woods today in Jasper County and found a BUNCH of lead and shotgun headstamps, but not much worth mentioning.
If after tumbling I see anything, I might put it up in another thread.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool button. I would think it would have come off an employees jacket.

2 ways to attach pics from your computer for tnet. have you tried both.?
Have you tried going into the advanced section and managing attachments at the bottom.
Or clicking the insert pictures tab above and attaching.

Or going into your tnet settings to see if you disabled something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I've used both ways, it's something on my end. I took the pics with my USB Microscope, and unplugged it before trying to upload the pics here. I need to plug it back in and see if that's the problem, or snap another pic and go from there.

Ahh, hadn't used it in a while, forgot it sent pics to My Documents :BangHead:

Can't make out much of the back marking.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread