02.23.2016 Finds...

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed to get out for about a 1/2 hour before the storms hit today and found more than I expected. I have one larger piece out in my truck that I will get a photo of tomorrow and post... Right now I'm curious to see if any of you know what the little heart piece is and if you can tell me an easy way to figure out what kind of metal it is made from. The heart was cleaned with nothing but warm water and has no identifying marks that I can find....
DSCF6177.JPG DSCF6180.JPG

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on whatever it is! Also for being able to hunt yesterday. I was just glad that my house wasn't blown away! Answered prayers.

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found in the same hole as the little heart shaped "Forget Me Not" bracelet link that I posted yesterday. I think I know what it is but would appreciate some other opinions...

DSCF6181.JPG

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad someone is getting to go. Hope to get free sometime soon. Keep posting so maybe the rest of us will get busy.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTH,
You don't think that is an old automobile jack stand (missing the base)?

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterdays(02.25.2016) finds, nothing spectacular but I did have a blast....
DSCF6182.JPG

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found my 1st Silver Coin a 1939 Mercury Dime yesterday & it's seems to be in fair condition...

DSCF6184.JPG DSCF6186.JPG

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In an effort to keep it real, here's everything else I managed to find in the last couple of days minus a few pennies I need to clean up, other than that one 1939 Mercury Dime...

DSCF6245.JPG

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the first Mercury!
Many more to come, just have to dig more of what is in the picture above unfortunately!
Great Job!

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
This was found in the same hole as the little heart shaped "Forget Me Not" bracelet link that I posted yesterday. I think I know what it is but would appreciate some other opinions...

View attachment 1276953

Something for size reference would be a big plus. If it's large, it looks like one side of the legs to an old school desk. If it's small...ain't got a clue! LOL

OP
OP
Wannabe Treasure Hunter
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something for size reference would be a big plus. If it's large, it looks like one side of the legs to an old school desk. If it's small...ain't got a clue! LOL

I should have thought about the size reference as it would have helped. It is a larger piece and I do think it is a desk end from an old school desk...

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is what it looks like to me too now that you mention it!

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought that looked like the side of an old school desk too at first, but I thought maybe it was too small for that...scale helps, lol.

Also, on the little bracelet thing, I saw someone post a picture of a couple that look EXACTLY like it on a Facebook group called "Diggers KG". They said it was a piece of a silver bracelet from the 1800's. Their words, of course...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions