Best find yet!

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Euro tech pro dd, xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good things do come in small packages. Today is about fourteen months since i started this hobby I wonder how many swings ive made or how many holes ive dug? Seems like alot but in the scope of things maybe not. Some of you have been patiently searching for years. Not knowing what treasure will turn up next while all the time digging an endless pile of trash. I think its the small things that keep us coming back; a button, thimble, coin, ring. These are markers in time that let us be a part of their history. Our imagination, hopes and need to just get away from the hassle of work an do something for us, yea maybe a little selfish but maybe a little therapeutic, and good for the soul.

What good things have come from dipping my proverbial toe into this pond? Well iv'e made some good friends, found some interesting stuff maybe saved a little history, and had lot of fun along the way.

Why am I spending the time to share my thoughts with you? i know its not exactly normal but maybe it will put a happy thought in your head and let you know there is someone else out there that gets it. Also its because I wanted to share a moment and a find that I didn't know when would come my way or if it ever would; for me it has taken fourteen months to come across a seated half dime and get a coin from the eighteen hundreds. All on a beautiful fall day out doing something that makes me happy regardless of whether i find anything or not

IMG_0824.JPG IMG_0823.JPG

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Really good shape, not bad for over 150 yrs old. Let's see some more. :skullflag:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Brand apple new 1840 half dime! Wow, that's a spectacular looking coin. Congrats to you sir. (Pangs of jealousy)

rreahard

Mar 29, 2016
Hammond, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beauty! Congrats on an awesome find!!

OP
OP
angleofattack

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Euro tech pro dd, xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep I count 176 years , Martin Van Buren was president.
American naval expedition under Charles Wilkes first to identify Antarctica as a new continent!
1st deep sea sounding by James Clark Ross in south Atlantic at 2425 fathoms (14,450 feet)!
World's first postage stamp, the Penny Black, is issued in Great Britain!
all in 1840 cool right?

tomcat7544047

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2016
Columbus, Ms
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find Ive only been at it for a few months and even though Ive not found anything like that listening to you guys talk and looking at your pics keeps me from selling my detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread