Back to the Union camp

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been digging in the Union camp I found over Thanksgiving. I've made 7 trips to the site so far but yesterday I went back and re-dug a very deep signal that I had given up on earlier. I popped out this lid to a dutch oven. Thought it was pretty neat and wanted to share. lid.JPG

OP
OP
R

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a question...Would any of you preserve this lid by putting a Rust Preventer on it? The lid seems to be in good shape but the rust preventer will turn it black and keep any rust from coming back on it. Any ideas?

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your lid your decision. What or you going to do with it. I restore some found items and through the rest into a box. I thy not to clean coins very much.

OP
OP
R

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the local historical commission in our city. We are looking to open a small, interpretive center. I will be loaning artifacts for displays. This lid will look good with the other camp items I've found to help interpret life in a civil war camp - bottles, ration cans, knives, forks,etc.
I ended up putting the rust converter on it and it turned out FANTASTIC. I'll post a picture of the final product

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions