Back to the Woodsy Area

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the area in west central Mississippi where I found the scabbard finial and knife the other day and found several more things: A nice sash buckle with 8 five pointed stars; a suspender buckle; a pocket watch; and a curry comb.
I've cleaned up the buckles and have them posted. I'll get the curry comb posted up when it gets cleaned. It's made of iron and will take a little more time.
Happy New Year treasure hunters!

buckles.jpg
fhyrtgfhhyu.jpg

OP
OP
R

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone out there have some knowledge about these sash buckles? I figure it went to a woman's dress but those stars make it seem military to me. Can anybody share some knowledge or insight? Thanks.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wish I could help. I’ll do some looking around. Nice finds and contributed luck.:icon_thumright:

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might post in the Civil War section. Some of those guys know their stuff. Nice finds!

OP
OP
R

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might post in the Civil War section. Some of those guys know their stuff. Nice finds!

I posted in the "What is it" section of this site and got some good feedback. The consensus is that this is a military officer's sash buckle.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone out there have some knowledge about these sash buckles? I figure it went to a woman's dress but those stars make it seem military to me. Can anybody share some knowledge or insight? Thanks.

I would say some sort of military.. More like something an officer would wear

OP
OP
R

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got several responses on different forums and sites that think it is a military sash buckle. Evidently, sash buckles like this weren't military issue but were purchased from private firms. This would be something a Confederate officer would've purchased and wore. The purchaser probably custom ordered the buckle which had an 8 star design. I am certainly excited about it. Thanks for looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread