Bored, with too much work to do

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last week , I was bored, but still had too much work to do to get ready for the GPAA Spartanburg, SC Gold & Treasure show.

So, I decided to take my XP DEUS out for a quick hunt.

Setting on Basic 1, ground ballance by pumping. I decided just to search the grassy knoll outside my condo. (It's not really much of a knoll, more of a small hill.) Lots of people walk their dog there. (Thank goodness my neighbors pooper scoop!)

One costume marked 925 (Sterling plated/annodized?) found about an inch from the surface. Nice Citrine stone, but probably fake.

The other a Jostens Class ring marked 10K found about 3" deep. Marked "HB Oilers".

Dunked both in the Ultrasonic. I'm guessing the costume is probably new. Since it was either stepped on or ran over with the mower in the dirt. (I'll have to remember them take it to the Halloween Party and see which neighbor lost them.)

2013-08-07233937.jpg

Only false signals I received was when I got too close to my wheelchair. LOL The ground is relatively (2005) new. Virgin ground since then, I imagine, no detectorists in my complex. I didn't think I was going to find a whole lot. Maybe some clads. More of just a break than anything. The wireless is everything XP Detectors say it is. No lag time, crystal clear sounds. Display was spot on!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread