BAILEYJEWELRYFINDERS FIRST CASE (½) SOLVED

Oct 30, 2012
BAILEY, NC
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE 250 & GMH CXIII
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Starting up the side job of locating lost rings and such, we got our first case involving a lost gold wedding band from our landlord late Sunday. The next day my other half and I talked with the landlord regarding the area where she might have lost the ring. Looking at the area it didn’t seem to hard maybe 20 ‘x 20’ section of backyard with a fence and small storage shed and a few dogs. After several hours of not locating the ring I hit on a dime signal, not really interested in digging it being I was looking for a gold ring I dug it and to my surprise it was a 1906 Barber Dime. Figuring I found silver it was on for the gold ring. A lot of trash in the yard (slivers of cans, old Schick razor dispensers and various other mystery metals it seemed we were through for the day. The following day we waited till it warmed up some before going out, (being the high here in NC was high upper 40’s low 50’s) Bundled up and ready to go we arrived ready for action, Looking back at the area we searched and now the landlord telling us a bit more details of how it was lost it became clear that on the other side of the fence is where it should be, (other side of the fence line is a farm field with about 6ft wide of grass on her property then soil and sand) I began searching in the field thinking maybe it was hit by a lawn mower and thrown out the side shoot but another thing is they have just tilled the land for sweet potatoes this past month and that means it might be deeper so I began my search. My other half was close to the fence line and a few yards from where the landlord stated she was when she lost the ring. After about an hour of searching the field and with no prevail but a old cap gun in pieces and more ground up cans I walked towards her as she knelt digging a hole. Beginning my search next to the fence line my other half popped up and said we got it. Feeling good inside she found her first gold ring and also the search was over (I was freezing); we headed to the landlord’s house and rang the bell. Asking her if it was an engagement ring, she replied no it was a wedding band she lost but she lost an engagement ring some months earlier when her husband passed. Well with her happy we found that ring it’s still on for the band but it’s going to have to warm up some before we search again, this weekend’s looking like high 60’s so case only half solved. 100_4494.jpg 100_4495.jpg 100_4513.jpg 100_4512.jpg IMG_20121106_140937.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread