Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    May 2007
    Columbus Ohio
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
    150 times
    Banner Finds (1)

First hunt of 2010

Squeezed in an hour long park hunt in the balmy 48 degree weather. I turned up a little bunch of keepers. After some experiments in the fall, I changed some discrimination settings on the E-Trac to try to get more nickels. Looks like that worked as expected, and it also reduced a lot of chatter which made these wheaties (oldest 1924 and 1926) and 1942 dime signals pop out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012110-firsthunt.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	370329  
    WWW.OHIOMETALDETECTING.COM

us
    Mar 2010
    1 times

Re: First hunt of 2010

Nice silver! Do you have a pic of the pattern you were running? I would sure love to dig less tabs, more gold and more nickels. I spend a lot of time cleaning up the pull tabs nobody else digs. When I use the standard park pattern I feel I miss a lot of good targets cause it notches out tabs. Good luck on future hunts....
    Xmarks

us
    May 2007
    Columbus Ohio
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
    150 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by x.marks
    Nice silver! Do you have a pic of the pattern you were running? I would sure love to dig less tabs, more gold and more nickels. I spend a lot of time cleaning up the pull tabs nobody else digs. When I use the standard park pattern I feel I miss a lot of good targets cause it notches out tabs. Good luck on future hunts....
    Xmarks
    Actually, I switched back to the normal coins pattern shortly after this. I did not like the way it sounded with the increased discrimination. I still get the tab signals now, but having trained my ears for the nickel tone, I pick them out pretty readily now. I've dug at least one nickel in most hunts this year, and I dug three yesterday. There's no magic wand for gold, other than digging a lot of trash. Best of luck to you as well!
    WWW.OHIOMETALDETECTING.COM

us
    Mar 2010
    1 times

I have been using Andies coin pattern lately but, have been on a severe dry spell.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links