Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    May 2007
    Central Oklahoma
    Minelab E-Trac
    4 times
    Metal Detecting

A Few Keepers Today.

It's been a good while since I've found anything worthy of posting. Did find a few keepers today. Also found my first Franklin Half. They were only made from 1948 to 1963 so they're a little tougher to find. At least it seems that way to me. Who knows, if Oswald wouldn't have been such a good shot, Ol' Ben Franklin may still be on the Half Dollar.

us
    30 years in this addicting hobby.

Jan 2007
    Oklahoma
    CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus. USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
    205 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: A Few Keepers Today.

wtg on the half Ive only found 2 in twenty years...theys po people where i live

us
    Jan 2009
    OKLAHOMA!
    Rarely!
    28 times

Not bad, but the word in the herd is that you stumbled across some 19th century artifacts that fell off some buckboard while working a herd of Longhorn cattle on some obscure cattle trail or somesuchamatter. However, photos of that sort of thing are a nickel a dozen and can be lifted from any real collector's website. So, what say ye?

us
    May 2007
    Central Oklahoma
    Minelab E-Trac
    4 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by Gonehunting
    wtg on the half Ive only found 2 in twenty years...theys po people where i live
    Thanks GH.
    The half dollars are out there. I found 5 or 6 last year alone. But, that took a lot of hunting. My work schedule has changed so I wont have nearly as much time to hunt this year.

Quote Originally Posted by docmann
    Not bad, but the word in the herd is that you stumbled across some 19th century artifacts that fell off some buckboard while working a herd of Longhorn cattle on some obscure cattle trail or somesuchamatter. However, photos of that sort of thing are a nickel a dozen and can be lifted from any real collector's website. So, what say ye?

Here's a copy of a post about the Chisolm Trail Hunt that Phil and I attended.

I had a great time Friday and Saturday.
    I had the pleasure to meet and get to know a few of you.
    There wasn't enough time to meet you all.
    Here are a few Pics I took Saturday.
    Mike (Sharpshooter)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links