Dug my first silver quarter.

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,

I have been reading about everyone else finding all kinds of cool and interesting stuff. Finally I have dug something out of the ground that I thought was pretty awesome. 1902 barber quarter only 5 inches deep, I was using a fisher f75. It was a high signal 92 to 95 with full confidence bars, most of time its a junk target but yesterday it wasn't.

ForumRunner_20130408_065242.png

ForumRunner_20130408_065312.png

Iam going back today after work to look for some more.
Detectors and tools I use currently are fisher f75, whites dfx with sunray probe, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett pro pointer, lesche shovel, and a raven shovel. Detectors I used to use but sold: garrett ace 250, fisher f2, fisher f70, minelab explorer se.

OP
OP
dirtfishingdave

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks!

OP
OP
dirtfishingdave

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks again, I have been going back to this place where I found 1902 quarter and so far I have only managed to dig 8 wheaties ranging from 1920 to 1955, and a little bit of clad not worth mentioning. Lol. The house that used to stand on the property was over 100 years old but its tough finding the coins since they bulldozed the place. They didn't hall away the house, just pushed it all over the place. So like every other place its loaded with trash. Some of those high tones that sound like a silver dime or penny end up being a piece of copper pipe or a can top. Oh well I am still finding coins so I am going to keep looking, I am just afraid that a lot of good targets are probably 2 feet down. :( I suppose it's also possible that other people before me hunted the place as well. Can't wait to get back to look for more, hopefully I will find it!

hotrod53

Dec 20, 2008
south of Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Jetco Coinmaster, Jetco Huntmaster, Whites 5000-D, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Cutlass II, Minelab 705 Gold, 6" Coiltek Digger coil, currently Minelab Etrac, RNB battery pack, and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW, what a great find! That's one coin I do not have in my collection and I've been at it for a long time. CONGRATULATIONS! May it be the first of many!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Freaking AWESOME first Silver quarter!!!!!! Congratulations and Many More! :hello2:

OP
OP
dirtfishingdave

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I dug my second silver quarter along with a mercury dime, two separate holes but same private property. That is a first for me 2 silvers in the same day. Can't wait to look for more!

ForumRunner_20130506_120124.png

OP
OP
dirtfishingdave

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone again,

I dug my first standing liberty quarter yesterday at a depth of only 2 inches using my new minelab ctx 3030. I believe it's a 1917s type 2, anyone agree or disagree since there isn't a date on it? Thanks for your help.

ForumRunner_20130605_070908.png

ForumRunner_20130605_070952.png

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds Dave, That old house is doing good for you!

Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread