Pittsburgh finds

rubicon2013

Jun 20, 2013
I went out the other day found a couple of late 60s quarters some pennies trash and a sterling silver ring that is unfortunately broken. Still a great day out!

image-994899731.jpg

PittsburghHunter

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Professional, Fisher F2, Minelab X-terra 50
My finds from Saturday 8/17/13

Attachments

• image-1276410888.jpg
    image-1276410888.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 163
OP
OP
rubicon2013

rubicon2013

Jun 20, 2013
North hills I have gone to north park haven't found anything good. Some family has a old farm house in mars. I want to try highland park. And maybe go door to door out in mars to see if I can get permission. I also got permission for some old abandoned hunting camps in zili but haven't had a chance to go yet. You?

PittsburghHunter

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
I live in Bellevue and i have a camp in Pymatuning, tat is where I have been doing a lot of my hunts. I am going to try around Bellevue soon.

Mjw38

Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds guys! I am about to buy a AT Pro soon so I would like to meet up with some peeps. I'm in Greensburg and I know of a lot of history out this way.

PittsburghHunter

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
I only have a Fisher F2 nothing special.....don't know if it will find many relics

OP
OP
rubicon2013

rubicon2013

Jun 20, 2013
I have a at pro and learned a lot I can show you a few things. It was kinda frustrating for me at first but I am game to go anywhere. I got my girl fire d into it as well.

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
North hills I have gone to north park haven't found anything good. Some family has a old farm house in mars. I want to try highland park. And maybe go door to door out in mars to see if I can get permission. I also got permission for some old abandoned hunting camps in zili but haven't had a chance to go yet. You?
I actually live a few mins away from The town of Mars, and I go to mars high school...

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a set of three mid-1800s foundations a few miles away from Mars.

also found:
-old rabies tag
-pocket watch
-horseshoe
-shoe buckle
-old door handle

Attachments

• image-532920973.jpg
    image-532920973.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2494150319.jpg
    image-2494150319.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 110

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great looking bottle....I hear that snake oil is a great cure for the Morning morning blues :happysmiley:.

eze1417

Greenie
Jan 1, 2014
West Alexander
Detector(s) used
Legacy 3500 with Super-Scan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My cousin has a camp down on the connequenesing creek where the strip mines were. I know the moved the creek to accommodate. You may get permission to MD on his property if you visit ZTOWN café in zelie on main st. He owns a house, old bus my great great granddad lived in and some ajoining property. Just a heads up about detecting in the creek..it is legal under federal law. All waterways that you can navigate are considered US property and owned by the state they are in. This also includes the bank up to the high water mark...just look for a line on rocks or debris along bank. Anything between there and the waterway is state property and adjoining property owners cannot kick you out (unless you are breaking the law. example: littering, tagging rocks, etc. Otherwise they cannot call the police and have you arrested. I had this issue in Butler when I lived up there on Winters Rd. while fishing during trout season with a landowner and decided to do some research. Check law library at Butler County Courthouse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread