Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Samson 32" T-handle,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, sharyn welcome to the forum, i am from your hometown as well, smithfield,the only civil war related info here that i am aware of ,is in (shadegap)where there was a horse stables ,that was fed operated,there is an ,obscure lost treasure legend,where a couple soldiers deserted and absconded with a payroll,and was subsequently caught and hung, without recovering the payroll. i dont put much stock in the treasure part of the story.happyhunting !

OP
OP
Sharryn

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info! Wow, we're only a few miles apart. I'm midway between Huntingdon and Alexandria.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you would like to share what treasure hunting you are into,rockhounding,panning and what not,md'ing, i know of a few tings not so far away,for collecting and the like ,i am more than willing to share info. if you are into rocks and gemys,check out the rocks and gems forum, i have a thread there with some material that i collected not at all far from you. (PA POCKET/BANDED SPHALERITE. hit me back here with what you would like .

OP
OP
Sharryn

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in just about anything. I just got my AT Pro metal detector a couple of weeks ago, but as you know the weather has turned nasty so it will have to wait until spring for its maiden voyage outside. I do love rocks though and collect some, even if it's just because it has a neat shape or texture.

I will be sure to check out the rocks and gem forum. Thanks again!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found Civil War buttons at an old school in Chester County so who knows. Could have been gatherings with Military folks attending. You never know until you try. I'm east of you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread