timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice one, thank that sandy soil for preserving it nicely. Great find, I can only hope to pull a coin like that out one day.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must concur...one of the most beautiful dug coins I have EVER seen in my life....absolutely gorgeous... :notworthy:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PEles said:
4-H said:
:-X ::)

Sweet coin!

I'm skeptical though.
But that's my nature.
Maybe it was recently dropped when you discovered it.
None the less, like I mentioned before, it's a sweet coin

Skeptical? Of what? I assure you the find I made is 110 % genuine and authentic. Nothing newer than a few shotgun shell hulls ever came out that little pasture.Lots of flat buttons & colonial relics and even some confederate stuff was dug there over the years but that's it.I'm just a relic hunter who made a rare find, no need to be skeptical on my mothers grave it's genuine.

Laszlo

I guess the problem people are having believing this is the picture in the dirt. I have no problem with the condition of the piece, found many silver in similar states, its the dirt thats not suck to, more lightly clinging to it with no ingrained dirt in the letterings or stars. When I get silver even in sandy condition this happens. Question is, did you find it give it a little clean & then think, I better get a dirt shot & lean it back in?

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was my initial thought as well Cru. Not to doubt the validity of your find Laszlo, but as an open forum we all have the right to express our opinions, concerns and doubts here. :wink:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find but it may just be me but it looks like a modern commeritave, Chinese copy or something, just doesn't look like the real thing to me. ??? ??? ???

OP
OP
PEles

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CRUSADER said:
PEles said:
4-H said:
:-X ::)

Sweet coin!

I'm skeptical though.
But that's my nature.
Maybe it was recently dropped when you discovered it.
None the less, like I mentioned before, it's a sweet coin

Skeptical? Of what? I assure you the find I made is 110 % genuine and authentic. Nothing newer than a few shotgun shell hulls ever came out that little pasture.Lots of flat buttons & colonial relics and even some confederate stuff was dug there over the years but that's it.I'm just a relic hunter who made a rare find, no need to be skeptical on my mothers grave it's genuine.

Laszlo

I guess the problem people are having believing this is the picture in the dirt. I have no problem with the condition of the piece, found many silver in similar states, its the dirt thats not suck to, more lightly clinging to it with no ingrained dirt in the letterings or stars. When I get silver even in sandy condition this happens. Question is, did you find it give it a little clean & then think, I better get a dirt shot & lean it back in?

No I found it in very sandy soil. I don't know if you know this or not but beach type sandy soil( what it was dug in) doesnt tend to stick to anything no matter how long something's been in the ground. I have dug military buttons out of this type sand that look like the day they were lost over 150 yrs ago.Same thing with them I've been accused of not digging them either. In the lowcountry of South Carolina that's the type soil we have to dig in. I would really rather not have to defend my finds as not being dug , frankly I think that's pathetic and sad as I was just trying to show some of the detecting world one of my rare finds. There may be some knuckle heads out there that get a woody doing something idiotic as that but I assure you I'm not one of them. I dug the coin, it's authentic as the nose on your face and that's all there is to it.If somebody doesnt believe it, oh well, that's their issue not mine. Oh yeah I realized what I had found put it back down and snapped the pic a minute after it was dug.

Laszlo

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coin and I believe 100% that you found it. Unfortunately it won't make the banner for several reasons. First of all, the find, although 'recent', was not recent enough. Also, the post was very likely his first ever post so that automatically negates it for consideration, and finally, the staged in-situ pic. That is NOT to say that there is any devious thinking behind a staged in-situ unless the users intention was to decieve. I don't think this is the case. Maybe the more accurate term would be 're-created' in-situ which I have no problem with.
Thanks for sharing the coin though! It definitely drool-worthy!!

OP
OP
PEles

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How about we make a bet. I bet you 50,000 dollars or even more if you'd like, it's authentic. We let all the folks on here be witness's to our bet. I'll send it off have it authenticated ( for your satisfaction) I'm already satisfied) and winner take all. How's that sound? Chinese imitation my behind :laughing9: You have issues I take it. It's real as the nose on ya face bubba and yes I dug it as I have all my finds!
Contrary to what some may believe there are coins and artifacts as rare as these out there and if you know what your doing a person can find them. ;D
Laszlo

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
Very nice coin and I believe 100% that you found it. Unfortunately it won't make the banner for several reasons. First of all, the find, although 'recent', was not recent enough. Also, the post was very likely his first ever post so that automatically negates it for consideration, and finally, the staged in-situ pic. That is NOT to say that there is any devious thinking behind a staged in-situ unless the users intention was to decieve. I don't think this is the case. Maybe the more accurate term would be 're-created' in-situ which I have no problem with.
Thanks for sharing the coin though! It definitely drool-worthy!!

Yes We considered all you mentioned,
including the Title, Believe it or not ;D

But as you said
we are Very Happy he Shared it with us
as his first post on treasureNet.

PEles, Congrats !
I still wanna find a few of those :thumbsup:

Jeff

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I honestly didn't mean for you to take my post like that.
The coin is amazing!
I 100 percent believe you dug the coin.
I was just stating it may have been recently dropped.
It is a Banner find my friend.
Congratulations on a rare find. :)
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread