Several guys asked me to post this on todays finds

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
GopherDaGold said:
Very nice coin and I believe 100% that you found it. Unfortunately it won't make the banner for several reasons. First of all, the find, although 'recent', was not recent enough. Also, the post was very likely his first ever post so that automatically negates it for consideration, and finally, the staged in-situ pic. That is NOT to say that there is any devious thinking behind a staged in-situ unless the users intention was to decieve. I don't think this is the case. Maybe the more accurate term would be 're-created' in-situ which I have no problem with.
Thanks for sharing the coin though! It definitely drool-worthy!!

Someone with 15 or fewer posts has made the banner, so I'm not sure that matters.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TejasDigger said:
Someone with 15 or fewer posts has made the banner, so I'm not sure that matters.

not on their first post ever,
unless it was by accident

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PEles said:
CRUSADER said:
PEles said:
4-H said:
:-X ::)

Sweet coin!

I'm skeptical though.
But that's my nature.
Maybe it was recently dropped when you discovered it.
None the less, like I mentioned before, it's a sweet coin

Skeptical? Of what? I assure you the find I made is 110 % genuine and authentic. Nothing newer than a few shotgun shell hulls ever came out that little pasture.Lots of flat buttons & colonial relics and even some confederate stuff was dug there over the years but that's it.I'm just a relic hunter who made a rare find, no need to be skeptical on my mothers grave it's genuine.

Laszlo

I guess the problem people are having believing this is the picture in the dirt. I have no problem with the condition of the piece, found many silver in similar states, its the dirt thats not suck to, more lightly clinging to it with no ingrained dirt in the letterings or stars. When I get silver even in sandy condition this happens. Question is, did you find it give it a little clean & then think, I better get a dirt shot & lean it back in?

No I found it in very sandy soil. I don't know if you know this or not but beach type sandy soil( what it was dug in) doesn't tend to stick to anything no matter how long something's been in the ground. I have dug military buttons out of this type sand that look like the day they were lost over 150 yrs ago.Same thing with them I've been accused of not digging them either. In the lowcountry of South Carolina that's the type soil we have to dig in. I would really rather not have to defend my finds as not being dug , frankly I think that's pathetic and sad as I was just trying to show some of the detecting world one of my rare finds. There may be some knuckle heads out there that get a woody doing something idiotic as that but I assure you I'm not one of them. I dug the coin, it's authentic as the nose on your face and that's all there is to it.If somebody doesnt believe it, oh well, that's their issue not mine. Oh yeah I realized what I had found put it back down and snapped the pic a minute after it was dug.

Laszlo

OK, I was just putting into words why I people (including myself) struggled with it. You kinda followed a pattern that many of us have seen on here lots of times (which made for a difficult swallow), ie. low no. of posts, extremely rare coin, excellent condition. Almost too good to be true scenario :notworthy:
As you say, no real need to defend it as you know the truth & that's all that matters.
You are very lucky with your soil, most of ours is clay, the sandy areas I have done clearly can't be as sandy as yours. I could only wish for conditions like that :hello2:

Keep posting & showing us more amazing stuff from your dirt?

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Antiquarian said:
This was my initial thought as well Cru. Not to doubt the validity of your find Laszlo, but as an open forum we all have the right to express our opinions, concerns and doubts here. :wink:

Think again

http://forum.treasurenet.com/authenticity

Thanks very much for the link Jeff. As I'm relatively new to the Tnet forum, I sometimes speak without knowing all the facts. Please accept my apologizes Laszlo, as it was not my intention to offend or project suspicion on your find. Next time, I'll look before I speak. :-X

Sincerely,
David

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say without qualification , that that is the finest early American silver coin (circa 1790's )
that I've seen posted on T-net . Argentium.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argentium said:
I can say without qualification , that that is the finest early American silver coin (circa 1790's )
that I've seen posted on T-net . Argentium.

Agreed without same quals :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread