Hunting battlefield yards in Tennessee (open posting)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting battlefield yards in Tennessee (open posting)

Hey
I was just wondering if many people take the time to hunt Civil War relics in yards in Tennessee. I know campsites are good but have had some luck also getting permission to hunt yards around major battles. I think since most everything is now a National Park a lot of good hunting is in private property's. I love to dig that lead.
Any guys and gals had much luck? Show some Tennessee yard finds.
HH
TnMountains

Attachments

• 100_1343.JPG
    100_1343.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 800

NewbieTR

Dec 31, 2007
Memphis
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Quick Draw II
Re: Hunting battlefield yards in Tennessee (open posting)

I've thought about it. However, I'm kind of wondering what you say to people about the holes you would dig i.e. do you tell them "I'll dig a few inches around then cover them up" or"I'll leave the yard the way I found it"?

Personally, if I'm in a place where I even remotely think that somebody is going to care about appearances, I'll scrape the turf off, dig, then replace the piece of turf on top of the loose soil.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hunting battlefield yards in Tennessee (open posting)

I tell them i will cut a plug and replace the grass and they will not even know I dug.You can see in my picture I use a long heavy Bayonet to dig with/You stick it in at an angle and spin it in a circle and out pops your plug.Its old school. I dig where their are mansions on manicured lawns.People expect me to do what I say I will, :thumbsup: and I do. If digging a remote site I take a garden spade and just get one big scoop and most times out pops the target and dirt back in the hole and smack it flat. That pic posted was filled back in. I dug many relics and coins from that yard :thumbsup:

HH
TnMountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions