Father and son metal detecting adventures!!

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My old man and I have gotten into metal detecting again. It's been since I was a little kid and had zero patience. Decided to get back into the hunt to give us another hobby to enjoy together.
He's a harbor freight special guy. I'm a proud new owner of an at pro. Especially after today and it being my first hunt with it actually in a spot that had a glimmer of hope lol.

Will post our finds as we go along. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks.

5/20/14
Finally got of my hitch at work got back home early evening dead tired from working the past two days straight. Took an hour nap and headed out to meet my dad. He came straight from work and didn't even have his MD. But that's ok. He struck his first silver the other day when I was still gone at work. Which was a '54 Rosie.
So today it was all me at the realm of my new at pro. I'm impressed so far. Knowing this area has been hunted plenty and still struck silver. Just wandering around testing the area to see if we wanted to stay.

4 wheaties. Oldest 1917 D with a hole drilled in it.

4 silver dimes
'62 Rosie
2-63 D Rosie's! (One was my first ever silver.)
'43 D merc (my first merc) :)))))

Lots of trash and pop tops. Mainly hit high tones after seeing tons of beaver tails. I was dead set on my first silver. Which I struck within ten minutes. Then the other three right before dark in a 20' area. All but one were a faint signal on the AT that would hardly even ID. I hit one with my 5x8 and the others with my stock dd. it seems to get them a bit better. And where I was hitting them wasn't as trashy.

A great day. Amazing first. Serious hunt. Can't wait to get back out there and find some more :) woohoo. Thanks for looking

OP
OP
C

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5/20/14 silver finds

Attachments

• IMG_2712.JPG
    IMG_2712.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2713.JPG
    IMG_2713.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2715.JPG
    IMG_2715.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2716.JPG
    IMG_2716.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2719.JPG
    IMG_2719.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
C

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5/21/14 struck more silver and a sales tax token. cpl wheats.
I forgot to get pictures of the others. put my phone in the truck to charge and was too bust digging coins :) lol
man what a day 9 total in two days in the same spot.. 2 mercs and im in love with my at pro.. its a coin hunting beast...

first silver on the day. sucker was deep
IMG_2721.JPG
My garrett digger in the hole
IMG_2722.JPG
closeup
IMG_2723.JPG
another 43 merc. left in the hole til my dad showed up
IMG_2724.JPG
yesterdays on top. todays on bottom.
IMG_2728.JPG
my mississippi sales tax token
IMG_2725.JPG
IMG_2730.JPG
IMG_2731.JPG

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is some serious hunting. Congratulations! In two days you've found more silver coins then I have since January and did it with a new machine. I think you've found an incredible spot that you need to pound.

OP
OP
C

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah and I know this place has been hammered a many of times. Not one was a really great signal. I was digging anything iffy and repeatable lot of iron and trash throwing high tones and I some how manage to seperate and pluck them with my 8.5"x11" coil.

Went out yesterday thought I'd be a good son and upgrade my dad. Bought him an ace 250.
We hit the spot. No silver. He did manage a 37 buffalo.

Went out today again 5/23 hunted same spot just pounded a different area. No silver no wheats. Few clad and just deep trash targets. I dug an iffy high tone that was super deep. Wouldn't even vdi. Just barely chirp. Finally 16-18" later hit an old whiskey bottle top. That pro has some serious depth.

But time for a good night sleep and back at it tomorrow. Going to hit a few different places first before going back there.

For now I call it beginners luck lol. Still in awe how I managed to hit 9 in two days and all but two were in a small area.

Happy hunting this weekend guys.

OP
OP
C

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Northeast.. Hopefully will get some time this week off to do a little hunting.
Gotta show the pops how to find those silver coins again apparently lol

OP
OP
C

Coinsniffer

May 10, 2014
Texas!!
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Thanks. Didn't know that. Heck that happened on the first hunt with it...

Did some hunting today. Didn't find anything good. Just trash and clad.

My dad did manage another marked .925 silver ring. Lucky sucker.
I'll try and post a picture Tomm. Time to get some sleep so we can hit it hard Tomm in a few spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread