Finally dug a silver coin

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 10 months of detecting and digging numerous 1965 quarters and dimes it finally happened. I'm not sure why I have dug so many 1965 coins, just luck I guess! While my son was bow hunting at my fathers ranch I was detecting around the 1920s house that we stay in. I had detected there when I first got my old detector and not found much. I figured that I would have better luck with the ATP. While I found my share of trash I couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled this 1894 quarter from the ground. I was shocked at first and couldn't believe my eyes. I then looked towards the sky while doing fist pumps and said thank you God, you are awesome! Anyway here is a pic of the coin and the second is what's left of the creature that thought it would ruin the rest of the weekend!

image-2447052312.jpg

image-4190538857.jpg

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking Barber

That is a great condition coin. And a great set of rattles! That is quite a 'first silver find'! Hard to top that.

stumpjumper

Greenie
Mar 11, 2010
Texas
Nice coin and thanks for reducing the rattler population in our neck of the woods. I take out 5-6 water moccasins from my pool each year and they all get the Machete treatment.

Hope you find many more and take care out there.

OP
OP
Jdubbya74

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I feel like I can retire from diggin because it Will be hard to top that coin find. I was back out there last weekend and past 3 inches deep it is rock and sandstone. Thinking about hooking up auger to tractor, but that might be overkill!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Stick those rattles on yer hat and keep lookin. Lots of folks passed your way over the years. Great find...

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you never forget the first one!!
Frame it and enjoy it!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Find man!...Thats a Hellva first silver coin for anyone! Ive never made it all the way up to Denton to hunt before but it looks like there are some oldies up there for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread