Finds 8/30/12 Alki Beach Seattle...

Ezkilll

Aug 20, 2012
Maple Valley, WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit Alki beach again as part of my continued learning. I dug about 30 holes and only came up with a few interesting things - lots of junk. But it is good to get the junk off the beach.
IMG_0753.JPG

All this was dug around the volleyball courts and down to the water line.

I am using an ACE 250 and I was picking up wads of foil 4-6" deep. They were a pain because they would just drop through the holes of the sand scoop I am using. I am still in the learning mode so I am running all metal and digging everything to learn what the machine is telling me.

I did have two targets I never found. One was indicating 8" and after digging down 12" I put my coil in the bottom of the hole (yes, I dig big - but it's a beach) and it was still indicating 6". So I gave up. The second I just lost the signal and couldn't pick it up again. Not sure why.

After a couple of hours I was tired and called it a day.

The oldest coin is a 1970 nickle. The squashed penny is from a local tourist attraction - "The old curiosity shop".

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think after reading all the posts about alki, I might have to head that way and give it a shot with the ol' 2500, just to see what it will or wont do, and it would be cool to see how we all do in the same place, different styles and all of our detectors are pretty different as well.

digatab

May 6, 2014
Alki is probably the most hunted beach in wa.because several gold coins were found there.I might take the old bounty Hunter down on a really low tide.you just never know if there's a gold coin hiding out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread