First weekend out

the beav

Jun 14, 2008
west bend area
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt
Myself and a buddy of mine were out for the first time this weekend swingin the coils. It felt good to get back out again, after a long winter. Saturday we tried an old homestead that was leveled in Oostburg, we did not find much. couple of clad dimes a few pennies one was a wheatie but that was it. Then Sunday we went to an out of the way park in West Bend and dug our first silver of the year. My buddy dug a silver quarter and a real nice silver ring, and I had dug a 1918 Merc. All in all we had about 40 coins total, I had 24 with 4 of them being Wheaties. It was a great weekend to get started, looking forward to the next weekend.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself and a buddy of mine were out for the first time this weekend swingin the coils. It felt good to get back out again, after a long winter. Saturday we tried an old homestead that was leveled in Oostburg, we did not find much. couple of clad dimes a few pennies one was a wheatie but that was it. Then Sunday we went to an out of the way park in West Bend and dug our first silver of the year. My buddy dug a silver quarter and a real nice silver ring, and I had dug a 1918 Merc. All in all we had about 40 coins total, I had 24 with 4 of them being Wheaties. It was a great weekend to get started, looking forward to the next weekend.

Sounds like a nice first hunt! I'm in New Glarus and looking at about 9" of heavy wet snow outside...not good. Of course I've been out a few times before this last storm,just waiting for the weather to turn again. Good luck up there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread