Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By the beav

Thread: First weekend out

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2008
    west bend area
    spectrum xlt
    6 times

First weekend out

Myself and a buddy of mine were out for the first time this weekend swingin the coils. It felt good to get back out again, after a long winter. Saturday we tried an old homestead that was leveled in Oostburg, we did not find much. couple of clad dimes a few pennies one was a wheatie but that was it. Then Sunday we went to an out of the way park in West Bend and dug our first silver of the year. My buddy dug a silver quarter and a real nice silver ring, and I had dug a 1918 Merc. All in all we had about 40 coins total, I had 24 with 4 of them being Wheaties. It was a great weekend to get started, looking forward to the next weekend.
    pgfhgs and oldier333 like this.

us
    Mar 2014
    New Glarus,WI
    CTX,800,Explorer2,IDXPro-M,Compadre
    661 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by the beav View Post
    Myself and a buddy of mine were out for the first time this weekend swingin the coils. It felt good to get back out again, after a long winter. Saturday we tried an old homestead that was leveled in Oostburg, we did not find much. couple of clad dimes a few pennies one was a wheatie but that was it. Then Sunday we went to an out of the way park in West Bend and dug our first silver of the year. My buddy dug a silver quarter and a real nice silver ring, and I had dug a 1918 Merc. All in all we had about 40 coins total, I had 24 with 4 of them being Wheaties. It was a great weekend to get started, looking forward to the next weekend.
    Sounds like a nice first hunt! I'm in New Glarus and looking at about 9" of heavy wet snow outside...not good. Of course I've been out a few times before this last storm,just waiting for the weather to turn again. Good luck up there!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links