Something Strange About My F-70

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug my first barber dime yesterday. It ID'ed in the low 20's but the depth reading was 10" so I dug it. When I got home I started experimenting on the surface of the ground with different metal objects in proximity to coins. My F-70 failed one test that baffles me. I layed out a zinc penny, a nickle, a dime and a quarter in that order. They were in a straight line with roughly 1 1/2" between them and a normal swing speed the detector would not give a solid signal. It gave a choppy sound and ID'ed as foil. I was shocked! My trusty ole 1265x reads it as one good signal. Is this normal for a stock F-70? How about some of you who have added the 11" DD, does the F70 read this setup any better?

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps its reading several coins at once . Mixing the id up. I hear faster machines have trouble iding when multiple targets are present. Hmmm :icon_scratch:

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
need more info....

how were you setup exactly??? Cant make an intelligent reply till we know! ;D
there area lot of factors that figure into this. Post your settings please........... Streak!

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And lets face it, what kind of real world test is that?! Take one of those coins and place it within the same distance of a rusty nail or pulltab... then get back to us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread